Hi TuD friends :)

I posted this in the main page but I might of put it on the wrong forum still getting used to the new site :)

So I ran out of pods I'm currently wearing my last one I wont get another shipment until the 25th of this month. On the bright side I have my mini med paradigm pump with about 4 months worth of supplies I have everything I need to use it except I forgot how to program all the basal rates and all that good stuff , & apparently I only have the manual for the cgm which I dont need lol!! so I was wondering if maybe my friends on a mini med could help me or know of a website that has all the instructions on how to program my pump, I was able to set time and date but thats about it.

I have talked to my Dr who gave me step by step on how to program the pump since I wont be wearing it until the weekend I could not fill a reservoir and prime ect ect.. So I was not able to program the pump while on the phone with the Dr. To set up the pump does it have to be filled with the reservoir or can I do it without the reservoir?? It's been 3yrs since I last used it and I only used it for a few months so everything is a blurr..

Thanks in advance :)

Views: 137

Replies to This Discussion

I would call Medtronic. Their customer services is first rate. They can talk you thru it. 1-800 minimed

YOUTUBE! Go on Youtube and search Minimed set change. My user name is beatingtype1. I have set changes on there and basic operation of the minimed. Also in the search bar type in Minimed set change or just Minimed! tons of videos are on Youtube also if you have an Iphone or Ipod touch download the Medtronic app (My Medtronic) Also you can go to the website on the back of the pump which is www.medtronicdiabetes.com. I will be home around 415 so I can make a Youtube video for you and post it on Youtube. Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for you!

I am curious on why why you don't use the Minimed full time. Does the omnipod work for you? You may use the Minimed for awhile and find how much more you like it! LOL

You can email me at

betingtype1@gmail.com

-Gabriella McLaughlin

thanks so much I will do that! :) I felt like I could not call mini med since I'm not actually using it lol but never thought about checking out the website I actually googled it but I did not get much help with that. I will check out the youtube videos :)

and as far as me not using it anymore is because before minimed I was on animas and I was in love with that pump then minimed came out with the paradigm and I thought "woohoo cgm with pump I would like that please" the pump itself is a bit bigger than animas so a little harder to hide the cgm was oh so painful to insert.. My Dr recomended I'd try the omnipod I fell in love with it right away the no getting caught in door handles not having to worry about hiding it if im wearing a dress I just wear my pod on my thigh if I want to wear a dress & problem solved.. and gabby I thought about that what if I end up liking the minimed more than the pod I have been having some issues with sites pod failures and what not lately who knows lol.. thanks for your help I will email you if I cant figure it out after watching the videos and going on medtronics site :)

Attachments:

Hope this helps.

Google "minimed paradigm video". A lot will pop up, but Medtronic has excellent step by step instructions.
But before you do that - I would ask your Doctor who the rep is for Omnipod. My Rep at my docs. office gave Mary a whole case of pods FOR FREE because she ran out and her new insurance did not cover it. If that fails, call omnipod, they should have some kind of emergency thing, not? Good luck!

I'm sorry to tell you this but,

If you don't know how to operate the pump then don't use it.

You can give your self to mutch or to little insulin.

I'm just trying to figure out how to add all my new basal rates to it without putting an actual reservoir on it, it works the same as my pump will do all the math my pdm does for me maybe even better lol since I think minimed has the insulin on board omnipod does not. As long as I set up carb ratios, basal rates and all that other wonderful stuff I should be fine thanks for your help :)

thanks everyone for your help I know I can always count on TuD community :)

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service