Hi, everyone. I just received my Revel (pump + CGM) from UPS for my son. After unpacking, I realized that they did not include a meter.

A little back story: Our first pump 10 years ago was a Minimed 504 (? early version) that communicated with a meter. Fast forward 10 years, we are moving back to the Revel.

So, I am unpacking and realize a meter wasn't included. In reading the owners manual, it does sound like you can still connect a meter electronically. A quick scan of the internet resulted in those meters being fairly pricey. But, in digging a bit more through the documentation for the CGM, I found this warning:

GUIDANCE: When using the glucose sensor, turn OFF the wireless feature. Manually enter glucose values from your blood glucose meter.

It sounds like they really don't want me to use the meter option, hence, they don't include in the shipment. Does anyone know if there is a technical reason why they don't want to use sync-able meters with the CGM? More of a curiosity question, really.

Also, quick poll, what meters are other Revel users using? I am thinking about using the cheap OneTouch UltraMini ($16 @ Walgreens).

Thanks,
Mark

Views: 614

Replies to This Discussion

I got my Revel in August 2010 and the UltraLink meter was included. I do not have the CGM with the Revel as Medicare doesn't pay for that, and if Medicare doesn't pay - my secondary insurance will not pay either. However, the following link will give you information on the Nova Max Link which also communicates with the Revel. You may want to look into that possibility.

http://www.novacares.com/nova_max_link/index.php

GUIDANCE: When using the glucose sensor, turn OFF the wireless feature. Manually enter glucose values from your blood glucose meter.

This message is not for people on the Revel pump. This is for people, like me, who have the older Paradigm x22 pumps. The x22 pumps calibrate a CGM every time it receives a BG update from the OneTouch Ultralink. This was fixed in the Revel.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service