I had to reorder a new QuickSet Inserter due to I'm unable to find my old one. Think one of my 29 cats had decieded to bat it around the house and God knows where it is.

I had reordered a new QuickSet and really disappointed due to it really doesn't hold on to the Infusion set like my old one does. I have to at times put it up the the skin and quickly insert the infusion set or it comes loose from the holder. Then I need to fight with the infusion set back into the quick set.

I had gone to Minneapolis Expo last week and talked to MiniMed and talked to them about it and was told that they have heard alot of complaints on the QuickSet doing this. I wasn't offered any solution to this, but was offered next time I order supplies to try the new Mio infusion sets.

Has anyone have had issues like this? Just wondering. Thx.

Views: 504

Replies to This Discussion

29 cats? I thought *I* was a crazy cat lady, and I only have 8, LOL!!!

I'm not sure I understand what your problem with the QuickSets is. Did you get a new serter? Or are you doing it by hand?

I'm real careful to hold down the blue needle guard with my thumb, and the serter with my fingers while I peel off the adhesive paper. Then I push the needle guard down until it clicks, and then I remove it, and the serter is ready to go.

I wonder if the new one you got is different from the old one?
The inserter is the same as the one before. For some reason it holds if for a few moments and it slips out.
Gently push the set into the inserter just a bit. Turn it upside down and it should have caught. Peel off the wings. Push down into the inserter until it clicks. Remove blue needle guard. Shoot. Press down on top to set, then remove.

There was an issue last year where the adhesive hadn't been trimmed closely enough on one side so that side kept sticking to the inserter after launch. Sometimes I could carefully get it unstuck. Medtronic said to look at it carefully before putting it in the inserter and trimming the too large part. They seem to be trimming them better.
I manually insert it. Always have. I got better control of where it goes when Ican see it. I think I threw the inserter away, and asked them no to send one when I replaced my MM this year.
I gave up using the QuickSet years ago. I just aim and jab it in quickly.
I pull the paper tabs back & fold the little tags towards the blue needle cap. I don't remove the paper tabs yet. I then gently place it into the serter, using my fingernails to make sure it is tight, if it's still loose, I try it again until it catches. Prior to insertion, I use a tweezer to pull off the paper tabs & remove the needle cover. Presto, it's in.
One question I've always had, is what does one use the extra little plastic cover for in the quik-set package?
Are you supposed to use it while bathing or swimming or disconnected?
Just a curiosity question.
The extra cover is for when you may have the pump disconnected. Swimming (if for a long time) , bathing etc. I only use them occasionly but always use them when swimming in Ocean.
Thanks, I kinda figured as much. Nice to see that someone is reading the replies.
Hi!

I trialed the quickset and then I tried the Mio! the mio does not hurt at all and it is so easy to use! It is an all in one set! I highly reccomend you try it! Me and my little sister use it and we love it!

-Gabriella
I manually insert my Quick Sets and don't use the inserter. I've done that so many times that it doesn' bother me and have not had a problem doing it that way. I did sample the Mio set and there are multiple steps to use them. I'll stay with the Quick Sets. I also insert the CGM the same way. Not a problem either. What the Minimed rep said at the expo is heresay. Talk to customer service 24/7. Maybe you could have your trainer watch your technique. Your pump under warranty? Minimed should replace that inserter for free. 2 cats are enough for me :)
MM will not replace the serter regardless of the status of your warranty. They are close to $30 too :-(
I have a Medtronic Paradigm Revel 523 pump and use Quick sets. Yes, I have had some difficulty with the Q-Sets with No Delivery and no Alarm either! However, I believe it was mostly due to scar tissue (Type 1 for 54 years) that created the issues and the Alarm is so quiet!. I find the Q-Set to be very easy to use. Actually I have asked to try out all of the Revel Infusion sets and found the Q-Set the easiest for me. It probably depends on the individual.

If you want to try all the Infusion Sets it is possible; at least is was for me. I asked and 4 of each type of Infusion sets were sent to me to try out at no cost. I remain with the Quick Set.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service