I have been using the quickset infusion sets for 4 months and I have had problems with the inserter sticking and also getting the No Delivery message so I am trying the Silhouette infusion sets which I hope will solve the problems. Apart from that I am finding that I have a much better control of my diabetes since starting on the Minimed Pump.

Tags: Infusion, Sets

Views: 355

Replies to This Discussion

MM is aware of many issues with the Quickset Inserter sticking. They have replaced mine once so far.
The Key is your finger placement on the 2 buttons.
I have this problem as well as getting the set to say in the seating so I peal up the tape.

Once you get sticking in the inserter you will need to clean the inside of the barrel with a solution like "Goo-be-Gone" or other adhesive remover to prevent further sticking.

I have begin to switch to the Mio vs the quickset. You may want to consider it. Call MM and ask for samples.

I too have had GREAT control since switching to the MM Pump. I am using 28% less Insulin, A1c is dropping. So glad I got it.
I started with the silhouettes (because MM was very low on quicksets), switched to the quicksets for awhile, and have now moved to the mio. I liked all three, however the silhouette irritated the site after 2-3 days and until I started keeping my quickest inserter clean, I was frustrated with them. For me, the mio is the best of both worlds, and since I travel often I love having a built in inserter. I think it is just a matter of finding what works best for you. Good luck.
that is so interesting that the silhouette irritated you. I swtiched from the quickset to the silhouette because the quickset irritated my skin. I am extremely allergic to the glue on the tapes and the silhouette seemed to have the least irritation for me. I have not tried to mio. I will have to check it out.
I will ask about the mio but not sure if it's available in the UK but it sounds like it could be a solution to my problem, thanks for the information
My daughter got lots of no delivery alarms with the quicksets, but we switched to the MIO's and no longer get these. The cannula seems a little softer. I'm also a minimed trainer and have lots of patients who have the same problems. I'd recommend trying the MIO, but the silhouette seems to get less no delivery alarms for my patients, plus my son uses those and very rarely gets a no delivery alarm. Hope you find what works for you!
has anyone tried MM soft set infusion sets? We have some samples, but haven't tried them yet. we have had problems with reconnecting quicksets and the mios are not available in canada yet.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service