So I'm sure I'm not the only person in this position but I'm trying all avenues. My 14 year old son has a 6 year old medtronic pump that just stopped working. I am unemployed and as a result uninsured at this time and I surley don't have the cash to replace the pump. I realize the we have other options as far as insulin therapy but my son has never done better than he has with the pump, and to go back is really a last resort. We do have an income that is just enough to disqualify us from medicare and any other help from the State. I am also a diabetic so we are out of pocket on all supplies but getting some help with the insulin from the drug company. I'm in a place in my life that I never dreamed
i'd be and I'm just trying to figure out how to get through it. If anyone can point me in a direction I would appreciate. Thanks and best to all!
Chris

Views: 134

Replies to This Discussion

I have a 722 and an old paradigm I think.

send me your address and I will put one in the mail for you.

That's very nice of you Lisa. I am able to pay something. What would you want for the paradigm I'm not familiar with the 722.

I will dig out what I have and let you know tomorrow. Then you can give address.. I do not want any money. Just hope you can use it.

http://www.isletsofhope.com/pdf/diabetes-assistance-programs.pdf Above is a link to a pdf with advice on how to seek assistance for all types of diabetes managment products.

And although they may not offer any financial aid, Medtronic does offer payment plans.

Also, contact the Michelle McGann Foundation and others like it--they are set up to help.http://www.michellemcgann.com/diabetic_corner/

http://www.diabetestrustfoundation.org/

Good luck!

This is why I LOVE this site so much!! Many thanks to you!!

While reading the newest edition of Think Like A Pancreas by Gary Scheiner, CDE and T1, he included the following resource to get financial assistance for Medtronic products. Contact the Charles Ray III Diabetes Foundation at 919-303-6949. Or email chuck@charlesray.g12.com. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much!! Much appreciated

found Paradigm...replaced when warrenty ran 1 year ago. It is my back up, but it is yours if you cannot find another on the sites mentioned.

send your address if youd like it.

Thanks so much Lisa. I couldn't possibly take anyones back up pump but so gernerous of you. Thanks again.

It is an awesome site.

ALso - I was under the impression that diabetes is considered a "special need" for children - and that state medicaid programs have different rules for coverage. Many states also have "child health plus" coverage for uninsured chuildren < 18 years old. Don't know if you may want to look into that. The CWD website may have more information/threads pertaining to this. www.childrenwithdiabetes.com

Contact me michelle.hughes.ctr@disa.mil

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service