Can you wear the sensor transmitter in the hot tub? I know you can wear it in water but I was curious about the hot tub. Also, any issues people have had lap swimming with the transmitter?

Views: 130

Replies to This Discussion

No issues with lap swimming but I wear a 1 piece suit so the sensor in under my suit. If open to the movement of laps, I imagine the tape will need good over ride. Was also wondering about hot tub. Look forward to the answers.
I swim at least once a week. I usually put my sensor on my thigh and I find 2 things - first, I can swim for max of about 25 minutes if I want no problem re-connecting afterward; when I did longer it lost it and I had trouble getting it going again. 25 minutes or less works fine for my lap swimming. Second, because it is on my thight and not under my suit, I do worry about it coming off - and losing the sensor - so I use waterproof tape and 2 layers of adhesive and generally it is ok. Sometimes I feel it lose or sense it is loose so I cut my laps short. Next weekend I am doing a srpint tri and I plan on putting the sensor under my suit for that; I find putting the sensor on my stomach under my suit is better for swimming but more painful to insert so I tend to use my thighs where I have no problem or pain inserting. I have been told the hot tub is a no no on the sensor and it will shorten the life of it but I have not tried it.
I once took a long warm bath in a Jacuzzi tub with the sensor attached. It still worked afterwards, but later in the day it showed my BG dropping... rapidly. Below the measurable level of the sensor actually; it gave me a low warning. The ISIG was 3, or something like that. (I had been doing yardwork and my BG was running low, but I had more than corrected for it and was at about 140 when the CGM said I was low). Maybe the sensor had just reached it's end-of-life, but usually when that happens, my readings tend to flatline, not go towards zero.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service