My daughter is using the Mio infusion set and is doing well with everything but it seems to come off before it is time to change the site. What is the best way to get it to stick better? I know there is IV Prep and Skin Prep. What do most people use and what works best?
Tags:

Views: 151

Replies to This Discussion

I used IV prep and then they had a sequence that was recalled. My supplier then switched to the ReliaMed Protective Barrier Wipes. However, in my last order, which came directly from MiniMed (switched insurance), I got IV Preps. Both have worked fine for me.

IV3000 has a tape which has a hole in it for the hub of the set. It's very easy to put on, and I've had a much better time keeping sets in than without it. You can ask your pump supplier if they carry it, and maybe they'd send you a couple of samples.

If you do decide to use it, the best way to put it on is to disconnect the tubing, line the hole up with the hub, get it smoothed down, and then reconnect. That's NOT the way I was taught, and I think the written directions show putting it on with the tubing connected, but that's clumsy and often as not you get the tubing and the tape messed up together.

I use Skintac wipes, previously with Quicksets then just switched over to Mios. Haven't lost one yet. Just make sure it dries before you insert the set and try not to get it on your fingers.

I have used the Mio set and found that the adhesive bandage was just to small, the Quick set has a bigger bandage and stays put. Also when using the IV Prep wipe don't wait until the skin is completely dry. When it is still a little wet then apply the infusion set. It sort of acts as a glue. Hope that helps. J

Thank you!! We will definitely try some of these suggestions. Medtronic sent some samples of all of the above.

I had a trouble until a realized that my shower gellhad oil in it and I wasn't getting it all cleaed off with the wipes.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service