After 27 years with diabetes and two severe lows in 2011, I've finally given in and am getting a pump (and CGMS) on Monday! A rep called me to let me know it was being shipped, but it seems a little weird to me that I'll have a pump without any sort of training. Is there a semi-decent guidebook that comes with the pump? Or am I supposed to set up an appointment with the rep and/or my doctor?

Views: 78

Replies to This Discussion

I've asked for some help from SLOWtronics, and they get back to me with ONE phone call, without any follow up, guess they did their part?
I have been getting NO help!
The Diabetic Center here has had my pump for two weeks and I can't get training until Aug 16. So, I am just waiting and counting carbs. I have been using the app "carb diet" on my iPhone and I love it. I can just about find any food that I eat in the database plus, it has restaurant data base.
To get a background about pumping I have been reading "Pumping Insulin - Everything You Needs for Success On A Smart Pump" by John Walsh and Ruth Roberts. I have really learned a lot an I am planning to use it as a reference when I have a problem. It seems to me that learning to use a pump has a steep learning curve and a lot of what you learn is from problems that you have with your pump and how you live with being a diabetic.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service