Hey guys!

I am in the process of ordering my pump and it will be ready to ship out next week, but I have no idea what type of infusion set to order with the pump, or what length of tubing. I am trying to decide between the quick set and the sure-t. Can I get your feedback on pros and cons of each, and any input about tubing length would be great.

Views: 927

Replies to This Discussion

You go girl!....welcome......and fire away with your questions.......lots of folks here to give you answers! A pro in no time!

I have been using sure-T's for a year now, luv the 32"- 9mm,

I've now been on the pump for a week. I use the quickset 6mm 23inch infusion set. Day 2 had a No Delivery message during lunchtime bolus. Called Medtronic trainer and had to disconnect and move around cannula. Worked well for next 2 days. Next infusion set worked well. 3rd set again had problems with boluses. Had to change set same day and continued to have problems with every bolus. Today changed to 9mm sent by Medtronic yesterday. So far so good, but what a pain. I was trying to avoid the long cannulas hoping to stick with smaller ones. I have a 3 month supply of 6mm now. I saw someone reply that I can return them to Medtronic? How do I do that? Well, I'll try this I got 3 more 9mm and see how it goes. Anyone else have this issue. I'm using my stomach for insertion.

I use the 9 mm, 23 inch myself. Can you pinch an inch? When I called Medtronic and discussed it, they said if you can then this is a good start. I also asked for samples of the others to try
out.

I have a couple of Mio samples, each with a different length of tubing. 1 shorter & 1 longer than my current one. Will be trying these in the coming week's changes.

What is the difference between the Mio and the Quick Set?

Iv been on the pump for over 4 years. I use the 23 inch tubeing for abdomine area and thigh.and 43 inch for arm. Im 6'1 180lb male. I use 9mm for abdomine and 6mm for thigh and arm. All are via the quick set from medtronics

My first year on the Revel, I used the Quick Sets but started having problems. Since going with the Sure T's, I've had minimal problems (mostly I think I'm allergic to the adhesive now).

I use the Quick Set...biggest problem I have with it is the adhesive sticking to the inserter. Gets tricky trying to get it off because that adhesive is very strong! My first shipment of sets had the 43" length. They didn't ask what I wanted. Medtronic sent me a sample of the 32" tubing. I like it much better. My first reorder is at the end of May, so that's what I'll reorder. You might have to take into consideration what your insurance will pay for. The Mio is more expensive...my insurance won't cover it. Also, with the longer tubing you have more insulin traveling between you and the pump. I'm using a bottle of insulin in 3 weeks instead of 2 months.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service