2.-10 years, originally as type 2, but recently as 1.5
2-B 5 months
3- I tend to skip lunch on the weekends so I can avoid a shot. I'm hoping I'm not the only one that does that.
4. Just between breakfast and lunch.
5. No problems, just one less stick!
6. Just wondering if others skip meals to avoid shots.
1. what type are you, type-1, type-2, LADA etc? Type 1
2.-A How long since you were Dx'd? (or how long ahve you been diabetic) Since age 12
2-B How long have you been on insulin? 30 years
3- how many times and how often have you skipped one or more insulin doses? I never skip Lantus of which I take 12 units in the am and 12 units in the evening. I do skip meals and thus skip humolog doses probably 3-4 times per week in order to get back on track after rough stretches. Exercise and weight train 3-4 per week and this helps to reduce the humolog doses as well.
4. What is the longest amount of time you have gone without taking your insulin? Humolog 16 hours
5. What problems did you encounter as a result of skipping your insulin? I was fasting at that instance so I did not encounter any problems. Did not skip the Lantus doses so readings were decent.
6. Do you ahve a question you would lie to add to this poll/discussion, please feel free to add you own question/s.......No question's from my end, just thought my experiences could help those looking to reduce their insulin consumption and problems associated with this slippery slope...
1. Type I diabetic
2. a. Diagnosed May 31, 2013
b. I was started on insulin immediately, so a little over 5 months
3. I only skip Novolog if I am not eating a meal, otherwise I am very consistent. I learned early on I cannot skip insulin. I never skip the long-acting Lantus. I did once or twice in the beginning and had terrible blood sugar readings for three days. I take the Lantus religiously at the same time every day.
4. The longest is 6-8 hours, because I just cannot eat lunch, I am not hungry every 4-5 hours. If I eat a meal, I inject 5-10 minutes before I eat. I don't need insulin midday, because I just eat an ounce of mixed nuts and that does not raise my blood sugar.
5. The few times I forgot Lantus, my blood sugars went to the 500-600 range and it took three days to get the readings back down. I felt very weak and had joint pain.
I am DKA prone, so I have to be very careful.
1. Type One.
2-A. Since August 2007, but I had been showing symptoms for several months before that.
2-B. Since August 2007.
3. Twice that I can remember. The first time was when I was far away from home at a family reunion. Mom thought that we would be back hours before we actually were, so I was hiking at dinner time. It didn't turn out to matter that I didn't have insulin though, because I was still in my honeymoon and walking so much I was low most of the time. The second one I just forgot to do my breakfast shot. I only remembered when I got my lunch check and I was almost 400.
4. Several hours. Not too long.
5. No problems the first time, and I was high for a few hours the second.
6. How long was your Honeymoon? Mine was about two years.
1.} What type are you: T1(type-1)
2.}A&B How long since you were Dx'd,?: (26yrs)
2B -have you been on insulin?: Insulin-Dependent since
3.} How many times and how often have you skipped >=, ≥ 1 insulin doses?
|> Only if I slept through my alarm or've(or have) been up for extended periods (> 30 hr)
4.} What is the longest amount of time you have gone without taking your insulin? A.1daily B.1am+1pm
|> LongActing(Lantus) = A.Normal Dosing 1shot/day 32hrs , B.Split(Avg) Dosing (1shot/12h) 20hrs
Q: why doesn't he...? A:Yes I should probably be using Levemir
|> FastActing(Humalog, Novalog) = 4-6hours explained Forgotten to inject(Is that my syringe/pen setting on my desk)/Ate then shot when got home etc.
5.} What problems did you encounter as a result of skipping your insulin?
|> High blood sugars 300 at worst usually 180 or so now that I take every 12h 18h if missed.
6.} How many injections do you take per day, #MDI? Low for me is 1-2 when fasting or 6-10 when high
7.} Does anyone know of syringes with 1/2 unit dosing marks 1cc100unit syringes @2u incr, .5cc-30u@1u increments
|> Will Take NDC# if you have them or a chat/pm personal message me or answer in this discussion.
I woke up at 4 been chilling with my bro ever since. We're actually watching listening to some YuTube right now. (not a typo ie *TuDiabe~es)
now back to them TPS reports :D