Hi there!
Another diabetic aussie joining this little group.
I can't believe there are only 18 members in this group!

Considering that....
- Diabetes is one of the leading causes of death in Australia and is a Government-declared National Health Priority Area.
- It affects more than 900,000 Australians, with approximately 90 percent having type 2.

Where are you all?
We have a great support site here! :-)

Tags: australia, australian, diabetes, diabetics

Views: 22

Replies to This Discussion

Hello! G'day!

I seem to have brain-stop-itis today as I meant to type something fun and meaningful here to say hello, but at the moment, the old brain just hasn't a clue what to say. I know ... the moggy has my brain! LOL.

Cheers!
G'day Gaelyne!

Thanks for the hello, much appreciated any way you say it! :-)
And don't worry, I've got brain-stop-itis practically all day everyday! :-)

Have a great day!
I very much agree with you, Loren! Hope you can help spread the word about the site.
I'll try my best Manny!
Hi Loren, Alice here and I live in Hastings on the Mornington Penninsula in Victoria and I and a type 2 med free diabetic.
Hard work but doc is happy and so am I. Kim (hubby) has just had a blood glucose test this morning so there may be two of us in the family with diabetes , soon find out though. Hope to hear from you soon, by the way where are you? Alice
Well hubby got his results back and no his not a diabetic, has dvt instead. So between the two of us the blood just isn't working no matter what way we look at it
Hi again Alice,
How is hubby doing? Is DVT Deep venous thrombosis? That's a bummer!
Hope you're both taking care of yourselves.
Hi there Alice!
Sorry for the tardy reply.
Welcome to tudiabetes!
I'm from the Illawarra (near Sydney) in NSW.
Hope all is well and best wishes for a merry Christmas and happy New Year!
hi im in country victoria" woodend' and Im new to the site glad to know that other aussies are around saying hi to eveyone I just wonder if you get used to diabetes after the years go on??
Ive had tyep 1 for 7 months now
hi everyone and Hope that 2011 is a happy year for us all.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service