I opened a new box of pods the other day. The 1st pod ended with an occlusion, the next 5 caused me to bleed and there was some pain and bruising.
I opened a new box yesterday. No problems with the new pod.
The weird thing: The lot number and manufacture date is the same as the troubling box.
Is it just a weird co in key dink?
Or should I call customer service?
marty

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

I have had 3 pods inn the current box not working. Fill with insulin and no bleeps. Plus they seem to hurt when going in a lot.
Call customer service.
I have had 3 occlusions in the last 6 weeks or so, the first in a long time. I blamed it on being on the pod or giving MDI's in my abdomen for 7 years and developing bad sites. Now, I am wondering......
I feel like I've lost 4 or 5 pods in the last two weeks to occlusions or pain / cannula slipping out. I'm not sure if it's the pods or a bad run with me but it's sure been frustrating!
That seems like a lot of bad Pods for 2 weeks.
When I started on my OmniPod last week, the educator that was showing me told me that 2-3 pods per box usually have problems. Then she told me that OmniPod will replace a bad box for free if you call them. I'd call and tell them what happened and see if they'll replace them so you're not out that money.
I totally agree. They're very good about replacing pods. That's the first thing anyone should do with a pod problem... save the pods and give them a call.
Ally,

I have been on the pod for over two years. There is NO WAY you should expect 2-3 pods per box to be bad. That is just bad information from the educator. I have had a few over the last two years and they seem to be from the same box when it happens but there is no way they have a 20-30% failure rate. There seems to be a lot of misinformation out there so take it in stride and enjoy using the product.

I would suggest you contact them if you have any issues.

Do not plan on having that kind of failure rate.
I have not found that 2-3 pods p/box are bad. Maybe 2-3 per year. I don't count occlusions as I feel those are site or activity related.
I agree Elaine... I wear my pod on my abdomen and sometimes if I bump into something and feel a little pain it's usually an occlusion. It never just happened for no reason.
I had 50% of a box of pods fail all w/ a failure alarm (no occlusions) in March so it does happen..... they replaced the rest of the box(unused pods) and of course the 5 that failed.
I would call them....see what they say. We haven't had this before..but I have heard of others that do.... my son had a perfectly good pod just fail during sleep last night... no occlusion and it had been there for one day..strange.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service