I'm on my third pod in 5 days - I'm getting really frustrated. Changed out two because of blood (and now big bruises) and one because I tore it off walking into a cabinet...ugh! The bloody ones were in places that I've put my Ping infusion sets in many times with no issues. The bruise I now have on my lower back is hard and swollen. I don't want to go back to a tubed pump, but I'm getting really tired of this pod right now. I'm half tempted to go back to MDIs....I am so sick of this disease!

Views: 329

Replies to This Discussion

I little bit, I leave alone. The last two had the blood seeping out under the adhesive and a bruise forming and spreading out beyond the pod. The last one was only a couple hours old - tried to suck the insulin back out of it after removing it - insulin was tinged with blood - such a waste.

Sorry you are having such a hard time.

I had a whole box cause problems. Not on the injection sites but other rubbish. I have suggested to Ypsomed here in Europe that they should replace the lot ! That obviously didn't work. But I strongly agree that if it's not working, change the batch ! I had a bad month and just gave up with the existing. However , the Omnipod is fantastic and it works a vast percentage than it fails.
Sorry I forgot to add. Don't be hacked off with the disease. It's not worth the stress. It's there and always will be - but dealt with it can just go back into the day to day of life.

Problem is me, or my body, however you look at it. The pods weren't failing, I was just hitting blood vessels or something, who knows. The one I have in now has been perfect (knock on wood!). No bruising or blood that I can see. Can't even feel it, actually. Now, that's how I would like every one of them to work!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service