So I started the OmniPod 3 days ago and was supposed to changed it at 10:26 this morning. At the training session the trainer told me and I have read that it is only supposed to be worn for 72 hours and was told by the trainer that it would last for 80 hours but I am curious. There is still another day's worth of Humalog in this thing and it will hit 80 hours at 6:26pm which gives me about an hour. I don't want to just throw out another day's worth of Humalog so I'm curious. What is the longest anyone has worn their pod before changing? I'm guessing that there probably isn't enough battery power to go another day so I am planning to change it sometime between 6 and 6:30 when it will hit the 80 hour mark. Now that I know that I will not use 200 units in 3 days I will of course only put enough Humalog in to last 3 days with a little extra just in case I need it.

So what's the longest you have gone without changing your pod?

Views: 1796

Replies to This Discussion

I love your investigative spirit!

If it's supposed to last for three days..... say if i put it in on monday- Should i take it out wed or thurs?
If you put a activated a pod on Monday then you would change it 72 hours later on Thursday.

The PDM will tell you when the pod expires. It will last for a maximum time of 80 hours from the time that it is activated and will automatically deactivate itself when 80 hours is up. At 72 hours you will receive a warning that it's time to change pod. Unless the pod runs out of insulin it will last 3 days. My current pod will expire at 5:59 AM tomorrow morning. I put a little less insulin than I usually do so it will run out before then and I will change it tonight so that I don't have to try to change it at 6 in the morning.

What have you decided ?? I have the Omni and a bloody CGM which both drive me mad. How long have u been on pod ??
I started my OmniPod on Sept 1st so yesterday was 1 month. I love it. Going to ask my endo about the DexCom when I see her in December. I'm pretty sure I'll love that too.
I always use the omni to the full 80 hrs. After that it ends and you have to change it.

Once you start on the Dex, you will wonder how you lived without it. The omni and dex together are an unbeatable combo.

Good luck!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service