Just off the phone with Henry Anhalt about Artificial Pancreas Features...

Hi Everybody!! i just got off the phone with Henry Anhalt regarding Artificial Pancreas. He is a stanford Trained Ped's Endo who still does clinical work, but now is heading up Animas Artificial Pancreas project.

We had a THRILLING conversation about artificial pancreas, and I may do some consulting for them to help them with some of the technology aspects of the device and its features.

We discussed the possibility of (of course) remote wireless sync of the device to a central server in which they could provide an add on service on a membership basis of REAL TIME INTERPRETATION by BOARD CERTIFIED ENDO"S AND CDE's with Interventions on the basis to be texted or emailed to you via secure server.

So here is my question for y'all... IF J and J acquired Dexcom AND Omnipod, thus positioning them to have an all in one POD that had this kind of capability, WHAT would you PAY for that monthly interpretation.

HOW would you price the all in one pod?

(Assuming the acquisition I am speaking of, we would be going back to the drawing board of revenue model, but J and J has 11.4 BILLION dollars of cash in the bank, so they could do that)

What would you pay on a monthly basis for the interpretation? CASH, like if you had to put their credit card into their website to sign up and your insurance was not involved ( initially)

Assume that they roll it up in a package that includes hb ac1 kits going out in the mail with your pods to test on a quarterly basis.

Ok, let me know what y'all think??

I will cross post and y'all feel free to cross post in the other groups...

Natalie

Tags: acquisitions, and, animas, artificial, dexcom, innovation, johnson, pancreas, telemedicine, web

Views: 761

Replies to This Discussion

I was at a JDRF presentation in our area that focused on current research in general and the artificial pancreas project in general. The presenter reported that at least in the UVA project, they are using a next generation Dexcom which is not yet available on the market. The presenter commented that they have been very impressed with the next generation Dexc

Very nice larry!! I wonder what the name of that one is? Also, I wonder if the next gen dex will go into the combo omnipod/dexcom product? My endo says that the Omnipod controller is actually half empty, specifically for that purpose of housing CGM hardware. Don't know if its been submitted to fda yet, however...Anyone know?

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service