Subject: Medicare Coverage for Omni Pod Insulin Pump

Hi,

Stop Congress from cutting Medicare and changing the code numbers for Omni Pod to make it a durable item.
POD A 9274,PDME 0784.

Tell the Congress that they will not be re-elected if they don't start working for their Constituents.
The Omni Pod Insulin Pump is made by Insulet Corporation,Bedford,Ma 01730,

That's why I signed a petition to The Rhode Island State House, The Rhode Island State Senate, Governor Lincoln Chafee, The United States House of Representatives, The United States Senate, and President Barack Obama, which says:

"We have paid into Medicare since we started working. Social Security and medicare were to help us after we retired! LEAVE THEM ALONE.

Those of us on Medicare cannot continue to wear the Omni Pod because YOU made it a disposable item. You need to change the code numbers to make it durable! The present numbers are: POD A 9274 and PDME 0784.

Many of us wear the Omni Pod because it gives us much better control of our blood sugars.
The complications from high and untreated blood sugars are: Blindness,Kidney Failure;Gangrene from a cut that does not heal because of the high sugars,this leads to amputations.

This petition is to have the Congress leave alone the Medicare and Social Security Benefits and to allow us the great protection of an Omni Pod."

Will you sign this petition? Click this link (or paste it into a browser)

http://signon.org/sign/medicare-coverage-for-3?source=s.em.cp&r...

Thanks!

Views: 679

Replies to This Discussion

I have been paying for t his out of pocket for 2 1/2 years ....I have a new BS/BC medicare advantage plan and I'm trying again to see if I can get it covered...
I will sign your petition!

If this is for real, I'm signing. Been wanting to contact my representative. It's ridiculous this isn't covered. Do you know what the "correct" coding should be?

Hi Barbraan,

I got this from an open group on Facebook called My Omnipod. It's a smaller version of this group. I don't know the correct coding but perhaps someone in that group may.

I would support this if I knew that it would mean that my BC/BS plan for active state employees that I have now would leave the pods as disposable items under my plan. I'm waiting for my omnipod to ship and the only reason I can afford it is because the receiver is durable medical equipment and I pay 20% but the pods are supplies and they are no charge to me. So to me it's a difference in a one time cost of $190 with the pods free versus a one time cost of $190 and a monthly cost of $70 for the pods. If the pods were durable medical equipment on my plan right now, I would have to stay on MDI.

I worry about retirement and medicare and fear I will never be able to retire because of health costs but I also have to survive until I get to retirement age.

The Congress needs to change the Code Numbers on the omni Pod!
They assigned the Code Numbers:Pod A 9274 & PDME 0784 these code numbers along with the wording make the omni Pod a Disposable item!! I have started a petition on: SignOn.org Medicare Coverage for the Omni Pod Insulin Pump!
The petition is under SignOn.org!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service