You all are SO great in this group so I figured I ask for your advice once again. Well, we are going with the OmniPod pump for my son (Thanks again for ALL of your helpful responses). The sales rep. came to our house last night and is running it through our insurance and everything. HE (sales rep.) said to place the order now & get in with OmniPod and we'll get the new, smaller Pods sooner that way. I, however, think we should wait to place the order at the end of Feb. so that we won't get shipped the old, bigger Pods at all. What do you all think?? Order now or wait??
The only real way to know is to call Insulet and find out. Last I heard they were not shipping the new pods until after the end of February, so it will be a long wait. And don't talk to just one rep, they should have a local sales rep along with the folks at the corporate office that can assist you in this decision. If it were a week or two, I'd wait. But at this distance I really can't tell much other than talking to them will give more info.
P.S. I just recieved a new box of Pods today from Insulet. They are the old ones.
I heard you would get the upgrade for free - so why not order now?
Well, we would get the old, bigger Pods & then be on the waiting list with the other "old" users to get the new, smaller ones. If we just wait a few weeks I'm hoping (key word here) that we would just be shipped the new, smaller ones from the start. Just wondering which way would get us the new Pods the quickest. (We aren't starting the pump until over Spring Break, which is at the end of March.) Hmmmm....
Well if you get the old one with some pods, then you have an automatic backup to the new system / pods, which would be good too.
That's true ... I didn't think about that. I heard horror stories of kids losing the PDM and having to wait for a new one to arrive. Hmmmm...
I got my Omnipod in March 2012. At this time there was already talk that the new one are coming. Rep was talking about possible June 2012. He ensured me that I will get free upgrade as soon as the new pods are available. Apparently Insulet plans to upgrade established customers first.
On the other hand we should be really close to the new product. Waiting one month will not make a big difference here. Frankly, I would wait, just to avoid putting the setting twice etc. But... you risk delay, as we never now how long it will take before we will get the new pods in hands.
I am glad I did not wait.
The PODS are great - my 8 year old had one fail today so I went to get her at school - even when we were changing it a day early she said she was so glad to have the pump and never wanted to have to do shots again. Knowing what I know now I would not want to subject my child to MDI any longer than I had too. It is a little stressful at first but so much easier on the kids. Just sayin - good luck I know these decisions are not easy.
How old is she? My son is 14 so I am hoping it won't take him long to be able to fill and change them himself. He has a CGM (3rd month now) and he still won't put them on & asks me to do it. But, I must admit, it is a bit tricky to do ... hoping the Pods are easier.
I am in the process of getting my new supply..They should arrive Friday. When they called me to tell me about the delivery, I asked if these would be the new pods. Insulet said they will not be shipping them to people until April..
That's the info I received.
I would order them now, you will automatically receive the new pods when it's time for another delivery...
The rep. that came out to our house Tuesday night said they will start shipping them late March. So, maybe we will just go ahead and order them so we're sure we have them for Spring Break (that's when we starting it).