OK, so I had my very first occlusion last night. I didn't actually know it at the time. All I knew was that there was a very faint steady high pitched beep sound somewhere in the house.

For the next thirty minutes the husband and I went in circles trying to find the source of said beep. Opening the refridgerator, the closets, the cabinets. Putting ears to anything electronic. It finally dawned on us that when we *I* moved the sound would also move. Hmmmm, Baffling, What could it be? So, smart man that he is, finally put an ear to me and anounced it was coming from my POD!

Sure enough, turned on my PDM to find it saying there was an occlusion and I needed to change the POD.

Well, now I know. Entertainment at its finest. :)

Tags: occlusion

Views: 177

Replies to This Discussion

Good times presented by Omnipod...;)

:)

Hilarious!! Now whenever I'm somewhere where there is any kind of beeping, whirring, alarming sound the first thing I do is announce "It's me" and check my PDM. Embarrassing when it turns out not to be me.

Ha! I had exactly the same experience, walking around the kitchen for 15 minutes trying to figure out where the low sounding beep was coming from. Blamed the refrigerator open door alarm, the smoke detector,the microwave, etc etc until my wife came in the room and said try blaming yourself. Sure enough, the traveling beep sound was my pod occulsion warning.

This is pretty much what happened to my daughter. Same thing this high pitched faint sound follows you around like a ringing in your ears, in fact we asked everyone we bumped into if they heard it too, including 2 Asian ladies in an elevator who didnt speak english. Your right, so funny , it should be a skit that omnipod runs on their website. But on a more serious note, if you have an occulsion shouldnt the alarm the pod gives off be more of a "Crisis " type alarm instead of this soft high pitched noise that nobody knows what the heck it is for 10 minutes? Just my opinion

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service