Hi TeamD

I'm going on a cruise in 1 week.  I got my Pod in December so this will be my first time in a bikini with the OmniPod.  The thing is, now that I've had my Pod and my exercise is going well, I'm looking and feeling great!  So part of me is really looking forward to putting on my bikini and showing off the more athletic me.  I want to enjoy the skinniness that seems to be the silver lining of T1.

So on days when I'm wearing the bikini, where do I put the pod?  Would love tips from veteran pumpers.

Tags: OmniPod, bikini

Views: 272

Replies to This Discussion

they are called Coban Wraps
I know they have some with pretty prints and such, but the link is for the plain-old 3M wraps...
Yay! I found a flesh colored roll for cheap at the grocery store today. Thanks for the tips guys! Next stop: Scuba store to find a bag that will keep my Pod remote 100% dry in the jungle.
Have a great trip.
On the omnipod page on facebook, someone mentioned that they use the Pelican i1030, a waterproof case for an ipod. I don't know if it works, but something for you to look into.
I have a clear drybag that I keep in the boat when I am waterskiing. I can even punch the buttons through the plastic, so I only have to remove it if I want to test my BS...
I was on a carribean vacation for the first time while using the pod last year and had NO issues with it coming loose or slipping after Id been in and of the pool or ocean (although i tried not to be submerged in the water for more then 30-60 minutes at a time). The only thing to watch out for is that "pod tan". I only wear my pod on my lower back so if i was sunbathing on my stomach, i would place a towel or my cover up just across the pod to 1. prevent the tan lines 2. protect it from direct sun. Did a pretty good job. this year I will be going away again and I think i will try to wear it even a touch lower on my back so the top of the bikini might cover it or wear it as low as possible in the front. Have fun and remember to bring extra pods in case they do come loose. I brought a ton with me, but didn't have to use any extras.
I'm off to Malaysia next week... Looking back on this thread to see other peoples tips and tricks... How was your cruise, Laura?
Cruise was great! I definitely have a little pod tan on my right arm. The pod never fell off, the scuba bags kept everything perfectly dry. The only problem I'm having now is on my sunburny spots I'm having little occlusion problems that I'm trying to work through. I need to find some unburnt real estate.

Also I didn't notice anyone noticing it. One guy saw me on a shore excursion with a bandage around it (for canyon ziplining, yippee!) and was worried I had hurt my arm. Otherwise, guys checked me out, danced with me at the club, etc. :D
sounds like you had fun!
Good to hear it!
Just last week was the first time that we went to the local pool since getting the pod. I at first had to get over the initial shock of the nerve of some people. This one guy actually was pointing me out to someone. I'm not too shy, but I must admit, it did get my blood boiling. As you have made it with T1, this akward-ness will too fade. Just beware of the inital E.T. references :0)
All my friends call it "the leech"
which I don't mind since I know they realize how amazing it's been for me to switch to the OmniPod. I get significantly fewer looks when I'm at the gym, or even swimming laps, than I do when I'm in the Hot Tub... I guess people think it's some sort of pedometer or heartbeat monitor or something?
It's still better than when I was doing MDI, I gave myself a shot at my favorite coffee shop once, where all the baristas know I am diabetic, and all the regulars do too (its a small place) and a man turns to me (I was also hiding behind a HUGE wooden pillar... I didn't think anyone but the baristas could see me...) and says " you are the most disgusting person I have ever seen, to do something like that in public!" The baristas kicked him out... but in all onesty I'm fine with people pointing, and even thinking I am some sort of Bionic Woman for all the good the Pod has done me...

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service