What do you all use to remove your pods? Taking them off my thighs - no big deal. Taking them off the back of my arm - ouch! I used baby oil this morning, but it still hurt like the dickens. I know someone mentioned, once, something else to use, but I didn't write it down and have completely forgotten what it was.

Views: 374

Replies to This Discussion

Nail polish remover works well. Also American Diabetes Wholesale sells a remover in a towelette form

I typically try to push pod changes until it's time to shower. This is fairly easy b/c I'm a morning showerer but also do workouts in the afternoon, so matter if my pod is expiring sometime in the morning or the afternoon/evening, I can usually get the most wear-time out of each pod.
I just get in and make sure I stand so that the pod gets lots of water on it. Then I'll "crack the edge" of the adhesive on the top so that water can get in between. And I use my shampoo/soap and make sure to get suds down in between the two as well. Then depending on how stuck it still is I try to pull it off quickly in one swipe, or sometimes a couple increments if it is stuck better and I want to ease into it.
I use skin-tac to put on most all of my pods so the adhesive is 99.9% of the time still stuck really well, but this seems to be a good method for me w/ minimal or no pain. I've tried baby oil as well but it just gets entirely too messy (whether in the shower or just over the sink). A lot of mess and not much benefit for me.
There are also things like Detachol that may be something you could try (it's like the opposite of Mastisol and helps break down the adhesive...kind of like goo gone for the skin?).

Same as Bradford. I do pod changes after showers. If that's not possible, I just rip it off. For me, after 3 days, the adhesive is pretty beat up and really doesn't hurt that much. The instant relief from itching more than makes up for the pain of removal.

We have been using baby oil on our 2 year old. We just let it soak in for about 30 minutes, then it basically falls off.

I must be a very insensitive person!! I wear the pod on the back of my arms and use Skin Tac everytime, and I really don't think it is that painful to just peel it off. I mean, it doesn't feel great, but it is tolerable.

I just yank it, too, SandyG!

Ouch! ha

It doesn't bother me a bit to take it off my thighs or upper butt, it's just the back of the arms that smarts....who knows.

I always change after showering...but even with that, it was a little rough on the back of the arm. Lately I've been spraying the pod adhesive with De-Solv-It, a citrus-oil based solvent you can find at the HW store, before getting in the shower. When I get out, the pod will just slide off with almost no force. Then I wipe any remaining citrus oil off. I learned that trick here on tudiabetes. The label says it is safe for skin.

I use Uni-Solve.
After a minute the pod practically falls off pulled by it's own weight.

I had bought Wal-Dryl itch releif spray from Walgreens to help with my daughters itching. When I applied it, lo and behold, the pod just peeled off and almost fell. I am trying to see which ingredeint in it causes the pod glue to be undone to make it a cheap solution.

I use Uni-Solve as well. It really smells, but it's great a breaking down the adhesive.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service