What do you all use to remove your pods? Taking them off my thighs - no big deal. Taking them off the back of my arm - ouch! I used baby oil this morning, but it still hurt like the dickens. I know someone mentioned, once, something else to use, but I didn't write it down and have completely forgotten what it was.

Views: 378

Replies to This Discussion

I just pull mine off also sometimes I use a towelette which I got as a prescription.
But- I did the back of my arm once and it really hurt to take off and it also was very sensitive while it was on...do you like that site?

I like the back of my arm for absorption, but it does hurt, especially when I take it off. Not sure if my arms will toughen up over time or not. I don't use them very often, but will try again soon now that I have some Uni-solve. My thighs are the best place - my numbers are really good there. But it looks like I have a tumor or something (I wear jeans, for the most part). I don't bruise there either. At least with the back of the arm, it's well hidden with sleeves.

I use Uni-solve like some of the others stated here, I got it at walgreens and think a bottle last me almost a full year, I just soak a Q-tip a few times and run it around the outside edges of the adhesive tape and I can stick it under the pod also. Then I go through preparing and putting on the new pod and by that time i can just lift off the pod w/out any pain, I then use a little more uni-solve on a papertowel and wipe off any excess adhesive. Works great..They also make little towelettes that I use when I go on trips so I don't have to take the entire bottle.

Does it need to be hidden ? I just take it off in the shower and use e45 cream on my old site. I switch between each arm, with both CGM and pod so I can sleep on one side or the other.

I just grip it and rip it--like a band-aid. Used to hurt, but now there's no hair on the back of my arms left to rip out.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service