Well about to do some Air travel for the first time with the Omnipod. So what I want to ask is do you guys go through the metal detector and body scanner with it on. Or do you tell them you want the pat down? I also wear dexcom if that matters. Do you send the PDM and the rest of your supplies through the conveyor? Just a few quetions. Thank you in advance for any input you may have.

Views: 327

Replies to This Discussion

I travel alot and just started on the Omnipod - I travel out of the UK to the US and Europe. I have only been asked to "step aside" in Germany - but I always carry a letter from my Prof
Flew a few times since starting on the pod a year ago and have not had a problem. I put the PDM in the backpack with my phone and ipod but I do put the small Omnipod PDM box that it came in into the backpack with their promo lit showing people wearing the pods on different areas of the body. I go through the detector with no problems and they have looked more at the spare insulin syringes and Humalog vials than anything else. Smooth sailing so far.
I have not been subjected to the situation yet, but will more than likely do the pat down until my endo says it is not a problem. I've been traveling for a long time and never had a problem. D since 1958 and still going strong.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service