....to put your pods? Just curious.

Views: 1061

Replies to This Discussion

I wear mine on my lower back a lot because I don't want that bulky thing on my stomch. I wear it on my arm sometimes to give my back a break, but it almost always gets knocked off there.

Yeah, I've had one knocked off my arm (I've only been podding 2 months). My lower back bruises something awful! So right now, only my upper butt is working good. But that area itches, for some reason. I'm still not 100% sold on these pods....wish the smaller ones would come out sooner. I don't want to go back to the tubing. Have half considered MDIs again....ugh.

I know about that upper butt part itching. I have one in that general area and I have sensitive skin anyways and its driving me crazy right now.

I've actually never had problems with it being knocked off on my arms but its been knocked off on my lower back.

I like my lower back and arms. I wear the dex on my legs and stomach.

The upper butt is great....but if it causes bruising have you tried your biceps? Also, when i feel like a change I put myin on my calff (it feels a little strange but I find it works fine((I am also a runner so this spot is really good for me). Try them all...and good luck! PEACE

Upper butt doesn't bruise, my lower back does. Only tried it once - bruise was a doozy! Nice and dark purple, almost black and very large. Won't go there again. That site worked just fine with my Ping...Tried my calf, but didn't get very good absorption. Might try again some day, just because...haven't tried the biceps yet. How would that work? Seems like it'd get in the way.

Not the biceps, you put it on your triceps on the back and side of your arm.

I wondered if that was a typo...ha! I've used triceps - works good (until you run into a door frame!).

I wear both the pod and nav (CGM) on my arms. Both next to each other and switch both, when possible, together. I do have one night out of 14 when I have one on each which is a tad annoying. But arms work. I haven't tried legs yet. I cycle a lot - that might cause issues ? Temp and all that ?

NOT a typo...I just dont know how to descrbe the location (basically on the arm but toweards the shouler, I should take a pictute but dont have the capabilty) It is almost on the shoulder right above the bicep where the arm meets the shoulder, that is my abosolute favorite spot. Never have a "knock off" or problems with taking my shirt off which happemds whem it is on my tricep.

I like the back of my arms and lower back. My arm is the easiest but I have knocked one or two off on accident(damn door frames). Lower back is good because I put it right in the middle of where your back curves in the most. I make sure I try to point the canula out and on a decent amount of skin on my back though because that's the only place I've had one shoot blood everywhere when I removed it!!! It feels like it's in the way more and more noticeable on my stomach so I rarely wear it there.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service