All Discussions Tagged 'kids' (6)

← Back to parents of kids with Type 1
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Medical I.D's

My son was diagnosed with diabetes at age 4 and he's now 8. He's always just went to school and came home and I always went with him to all…

Started by Jennifer

12 yesterday
Reply by Jennifer

Legal group working for better school care for kids with diabetes

Hey folks, I've joined your group temporarily to share some info I gathered at a UCSF diabetes symposium and kids' camp last weekend. The D…

Started by Emily Coles

17 May 24, 2012
Reply by Fighting for Stephany

New pump user with questions...please help!

I have a question. We have only been using the pump for a few weeks with our son. He was getting insulin through his arm by syringe. He is…

Started by crusso

19 Aug 16, 2011
Reply by crusso

Your Experience with the School System?

Hello All. How has your experience been in dealing with the teachers, school, board, etc with your Type 1 child? Was your experience positi…

Started by Trev

6 Feb 8, 2011
Reply by michellec

Hello anyone in the Miami, Florida area.

Hi I started a diabetic group for kids and parents. I want our kids to see they are not alone. Its alot of fun. We went bowling yesturday.…

Started by migmercy

1 Nov 8, 2010
Reply by Fighting for Stephany

"Ghosts"

What do you do about baaaaad lows that your kids/loved ones have seen... and continously "recall" those potent ghosts. ".... dad did YOU T…

Started by Stuart

4 Aug 4, 2008
Reply by MelissaBL

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service