You can read my post over at Animas pumpers if interested.
Laura.

Views: 235

Replies to This Discussion

What do you? Don't we get what we use from Animas? I usually get a 3 months worth of supplies shipped to me every 3 months?
They are cracking down on what amount you get.
If you want to have any spares, you'll probably need to make sure that your doctor has written for you to change every two days. They cut down my order, without consulting with my doctor and I had to make a lot of calls to get my usual order delivered. It's apparently happening to other people too.
Just a heads up............

I just switched back to Medtronic from Animas so if anyone needs spares hit me up

Because I often hit scare tissue with my canulas, I could use some extra Inset " 30s. I know these are not that popular so you may have used a different type of canula.They look like this: http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A2KJkIdZO9hOKCQAgI2...

I did too and I like my Minimed pump much much better.

Btw, Animas sent two extra sets and two cartridges by special delivery last week with an apology letter about upsetting people when they limited supplies.
My guess is, for whatever reason they did it in the first place (and they gave various reasons to different people) they realized that it was a bad idea.
Minimed's starter box had four boxes of each which is just perfect.

I switched from Minimed to Animus for many reasons. 1.) I almost got into a lawsuit with Minimed because they tried to double bill me for their pump. I mailed back a faulty one which they claimed they never got. I mailed my legal papers twice to them return receipt recived. They sent me the RRR stamped but state they never got the legal papers which proves how this company handles their mail. They would say things like don't worry. you can pay us the $5K in increments. i would like for someone to pay me $5K in increments for no reason as well. When I called and let them know I was going to take the case to court they stopped double billing me. 2.) The only inset that works for me from Minimed is much more painful to insert than the Animuns insert. 3.) The Minimed rep lied to me when I was shopping for a my 1st pump 10 yrs ago. He said a lighter one would be out soon. I believe their pump is the same weight as the one I had 10 years ago. 4.) For people living in a dry climate, the syringe rubber would dry out before the company managed to make a bettern seal. The company would always act like it was out fault that we were not getting our insulin. i met with a type 1 who was an engineer while we were tading in for our upgrades. He had figured out what was actually causing the pump to not give us the appropriate amount of insulin after a day or two. Apparently a dried out plunger does not move in the barrel as well.

Well, I cant speak to the dry climate thing (if you mean during warm weather) but right now my cartridge is working perfectly just over 7 days.
Set-wise. I dont believe the pump companies manufacture them.
But I use the Sils which are the same as the Animas
comforts.

Minimed did fix the problem by creating a better seal over 5 years ago.

I USED APPLIED RESEARCH INC INSULIN PUMP SYRING RESERVOIR.THAT WAY A CAN USED ANY IN INSET.I HAD A ANIMAS SO I USER THERE INSET .

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service