Someone somewhere suddenly took my usual order of five boxes every six months, down to three boxes every three months. I am wondering what people usually get, because they tell me this should last for every two day set changes. ????

Views: 164

Replies to This Discussion

I know what you are saying, but since I have regularly ordered five every six months (or so) for the last maybe ten years this is new to me. And if you have been following my story, you would see it took them four weeks to send my most recent order. It was screwed up and lost and all together a huge mess.
I ended up ahead in supplies, because I bought a Cozmo right after making an Animas order four years ago. So I was sent supplies from both companies. So I havent had to make do. Some wouldnt be so lucky.
I think I was doing them a favor by only asking five boxes, twice a year and they were saving on shipping etc.
If you were using a set every two days or had a tendancy to mess one up now and then, three boxes is not sufficient. And that was their word to me, rx requires people to change every two days to three days. Two days=not enough, three days= just exactly enough. No room for error.
I receive four boxes every three months, and it is more than enough for me. I change my site every three days usually filling up the reservoir and changing that when it runs out. I always have left-over resrvoirs, in addition to infusion sets, but way more reservoirs. I don't change anything, just keep the extras.
That seems about as it should be.
I usually order 4-5 boxres. There are a couple of things to check. First is the prescription you have - see what the amount prescribed is. Second, does your insurance company use a utilization intermediary company for supplies. If so they may limit it. I order about every 3 months. Good luck.
I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. My Hmo does use a supplier, but they have always approved five.
And my doctor to my knowledge hasnt changed a thing, nor has my policy changed.
My supplies are 100 percent paid under Home Health Care (disposables I guess). Looks to me like everyone gets at least four if not five.
I get 4 boxes every 3 months..I always have enough to keep going
Jesse gets 2 boxes of insets a month from his school pharmacy.......
he currently has Aetna Student health thru the college, and they are very generous.
they fill whatever prescription he brings in- no questions....
he needed a new dex, his died... His endo faxed the school pharmacy the prescription-
he had it within a week.. I was amazed...
When he was on our family plan, he got 5 boxes every 3 months......
his prescription is to change every 2 days........
4 boxes of sets and 4 boxes of reservoirs every three months from MM.
I just received a brand new MM pump. They sent four.
animas is still cutting boxes in half and not sending four or five any longer.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service