...why there isn't more activity on the "Pumping Senior" discussion board. We're retired and have more time, why aren't we communicating more?

Linda

Views: 54

Replies to This Discussion

Good question dear 4xgran ....this 3xgran , ha, ha has been rather busy ...for instance : hubby and I were asked before supper , if we can take care of a dog with diabetes for one month , while the guardians are off to their home country South Africa for 1 month ...this requires dialogue and lots of follow up ...am not certain , if this answer kills the curiosity ...I have more :)

I think the reason is that there are so many similar boards. Also I find the issues are similar for seniors as for younger people and I get a lot of info from those boards. A good feature of the system would be to allow a poster to post same message to several boards. if you are looking for info on Dog Diabetic care check out http://www.caninediabetes.org

wallskev ...thanks for the Dog Diabetic website ...very useful for the next while and will share it with Buddy's guardians .
I agree with wallskey. I have joined so many websites and Facebook. there are so many good diabetes sites on Facebook. They are my favorites, and they are very active. I like to be where the action is.
Richard,

What diabetes sites do you go to on Facebook?

Linda
T1 Hangout; I Hate Diabetes (type 1); Insulin; Juvenation; Type 1 Diabetes Support, Diabetes Daily, and several others. That will give you a start. If you type key words in the Search bar at the top of the page on Facebook, ou will get a long list of diabetes groups, or pages. Some are good, some not.
I enjoy this site more so than any other I've found. Who says seniors have more time when they retire? We're still just as busy living life to the fullest.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service