I am really bummed, my Endo, Dr. Hone who changed my life about 10 years ago is moving to California. I mostly see her PA, who is staying with the practice, so I will probably stay with them. I know we are a small group, but do any of you have a great Endo you could recommend?

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I'm new to the site and just wandered into the Rocky Diabetics group because I'm from CO too. I see that you are looking for a really good Endo. I'm not sure what part of Colorado you are in, but I have a great Endo that I see. He is just the best and I don't know what I'd do without him. His name is Dr. Steven Osa and he is in the Denver area near the Hampden and Broadway area. Anyway if you are interested in his contact info, let me know.
Dr. Robert Rees-Jones is the BEST ever! He's won many awards. His PA is Tammy. She's awesome too. Busiest Endo practice in the 6 (?) states nearest us... Worth every minute of time it takes to get there. He's in Aurora. I drive from Longmont to see them.
Hi there! I go to the Boulder Endo group - they are located in Louisville off of S. Boulder Rd. My endo is Dr. Mandagere. I really like her.
Just joined Rocky Diabetics - thanks for having me. I'm interested to see what you have to say about endos - as I've never seen one in 4 years of having T1. I live in the Grand Junction are - I believe there is just one endo in our area, and he's been full for years.

hopefully I'll never need a recommendation from you guys!

Joe
Joe, I highly recommend you get a good endo, even if you just see them once a year. I got very lucky, I was very nervous about loosing Dr. Hone, but her partner Dr. Hass is wonderful and they have the same PA, Matt. They are located at Rose. I used to live in the Glenwood Springs area, but it would be worth the drive once or twice a year to Denver to get connected with a really great Endo. Can make all the difference in your life.
Colorado: I agree, losing Dr. Hone was incalculable; she has a true passion for helping diabetics, having lost a childhood friend to the disease. Like you, I transferred my care to Dr. Haas and Matt, although because Matt and I seem to have a personality clash so all my care is through Dr. Haas. The only other complication is that Dr. Haas' two-day per week work schedule is not exactly convenient.

I did get a referral to another endo through Presbyterian/St. Luke's at 19th & Franklin, but have not yet seen her. (Being newly diagnosed, I feel loyalty to remain with Haas until I am much more stable.) However, I intend to at least give the PSL endo a test drive shortly after the new year, and can post again with an evaluation.

-vicki
Hi all, I've been really bad about staying up with the site, but I feel like I'm back :) I actually am seeing a new Endo this Friday, so wish me luck! I'm pretty stoked, as I haven't been seeing one regularly in some time. I'm going to the Denver Endocrinology center. Will post feedback!
Good luck, Gina, and welcome back!
Hi all, So I saw Dr. Lori Gerard at Denver Endo center in Englewood (She is also Type I,) and am SO HAPPY! She was wonderful, and it was so refreshing after having had some not-so-great experiences. Just wanted to post an update. Hope everyone is well!
Great news, Gina!

I am encouraged by your evaluation of Dr. Gerard. I have an appointment Monday with Haas but not really looking forward to it -- I know she'll be rushed and I'll leave feeling I got about $5 worth of my $30 co-pay...

Stay well!

-vicki
Vicki, I am really happy with Dr. Hass. She is brilliant, knows the pump inside and out and is a nice person. She is not Dr. Hone, no one is, but I have been extremely happy with her care and compassion. She does not rush you at all and makes sure she covers all your questions.

I recently refered a friend to her and he is doing awesome.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service