Hi all,

I am really bummed because my coverage is changing from blue cross to Kaiser (through work) and now I have to switch endos. I have been through a couple of endos in my life and I had finally found one I LOVE and now I have to switch.

Can anybody recommend a endo at Kaiser Walnut Creek or Vallejo? I am looking for one with a positive attitude that understands are BG's can be roller coasters at times and is just understanding of the difficulties we face.

Amanda

Views: 164

Replies to This Discussion

I don't have any referrals to share but will be watching to see if anyone else has one! I am new to Kaiser too, in Petaluma, and so far am not impressed with their approach to the D. On my first visit I was told by my new GP (the only one they had who is still accepting new patients) that not only will it be next to impossible for me to lose weight, ever, but that I should not expect to be able to lower my A1C either -- these things only deteriorate over time, but luckily there are many medications to try ...

Blah. My last doctor was so supportive of the dietary and exercise changes I was trying to make earlier on in my diagnosis. This one seems to believe that there's no point in doing any of that -- just sign up for more pills and/or injectables.

Anyway. Best wishes to you and I hope you find what you need!
I see Pamela Kershner at Kaiser Walnut Creek--she's been my endo for about 11 years now. I can highly recommend her. She is very compassionate.
I'm so sorry Amanda that you had to switch. Kaiser is great for some things, but I haven't found them helpful when it comes to my diabetes. I have had bad luck with the endos at Kaiser...they don't want to think outside of the box, and basically refused to listen to me...a lay person...about my difficulties with my diabetes. Basically, Kaiser has made me feel like a failure. So, I am paying lots of money out of pocket to see an Endo in Palo Alto who is listening to me and trying new things to help me get in control. I'd also like to know a name of a good Endo at Kaiser! Best wishes Amanda!

Paula
I highly recommend:
Endo: Craig Sadur, Kaiser WC and Pleasanton
CDE: Sharon Palmer, Kaiser WC and Pleasanton
Thanks everyone. I have been trying to call the endo center in Walnut Creek for 2 days now and I have left a message but they don't seem to call back. A little frustrating.
Sue Stephens is the Endo at Kaiser Vallejo......she helped keep me in line for almost 10 years, then I had to change insurance....just about killed me....now I am back, and after 3 years of no appointments, she remembered me and my kids. Her team seems really on the ball, too. I can't say enough good about her.
You may find more success with talking to Sharon Palmer, the WC/Pleasanton CDE at Kaiser. Another great endo is over at Fremont, Dr. Hom.

Above all with any endo, as a patient you need to lead the visit and ask questions and communicate that you are OK why what they are saying and if they are not leading you to help to better manage D then tell them. Don't beat around the bush or think that they will manage your D for you. The endo is an advisor, not the leader of the management of your D.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service