Salutations!

Does anybody know about the OC/LA Diabetes resources and support MEET UP group?

The group is about to disband because the organizer stepped down a week ago. I was going to volunteer to organize the group to keep it going. It won't to hard since I am an organizer of another group.

Does anybody know any members? Or previous activities of the group or why the original organizer stepped down?

I would love to meet other diabetes and help provide a resource and support. Anybody have any ideas or suggestion please write me. Time is of the essence because the group will permanently close in 3-4 days....

Views: 30

Replies to This Discussion

I actually changed my work schedule so that I might be able to join in on tweet/meet-ups, but I can't drive and getting a lift to the meet ups was about impossible! Other meet-ups would happen, but *I* wasn't aware of them so I missed out.

I'm nearest to the South Coast Plaza Metro area, but getting to L.A. is a four hour commute for me on public transport.

I don't know where or when newer meet ups have been, but I think it'd be neat if meet ups could be say in Anaheim or somewhere within reason to those without car or private drivers :-) Do you have any ideas about when and where to have new meet ups, and who might be into it? I'm type 1 and so a meeting full of type 2's would be rather 'bland' for me.
Jenny-what about the OC Diabetes Resources Group?
I would love to join the latest chapter of L.A. Diabetes support group. I recently joined this site just for that, in fact. I do not know of any of the previous activities or members, etc but would love to help come up with new ideas/things to do for a new one! Keep me posted.

-Stefa
I am new to all this and would love to meet other Type 1's in LA -
Hello,
I am A LARGE AND IN CHARGE TYPE 2 DIABETIC. I would still like to meet you. I let the group close down because it would have been too much for me to handle.
How are you doing??? Yes, I am back...I was having more health issues. I live in the Valley. I AM A LARGE AND IN CHARGE TYPE 2 DIABETIC. Would love to meet and help get a group started in the area.
I would love to get together with this group! I could take Amtrak to LA if need be.
Folks, I had to let the group be disbanded. It would have been a struggle for me to keep up with the group as well as maintain my own situation. If either of you want to meet one day I am totally open for this.

A group that I organize will be going to the LA FITNESS show on the Jan. 23. You are more than welcome to join us!
The OC Diabetes Resources Group is proactive since 1988. See OCDiabetes.org
Hello,
You might be talking about a different group than what I am refering too. The group I was refering to was a "meet-up group" sponsored by the MEET UP website (meetup.com). When a group has lost its organizer or funding it has about 3 weeks to find a new organizer or be defunct. This group is defunct.

I am glad the OCDiabetes.org is going strong. Wish we had on in the LA area. there are a bunch of little diabetic factions or the Type 1 only groups . I am assuming OCDiabetes.org is inclusive of all diabetics?
Hello,

Yes, our group focuses on all Diabetics. The common denominator is the same.for all types. Consider this an open invitation to attend.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service