Hey there all! I'm just curious to find out how much others are taking in each dosage of Symlin at the meals... I am using the pen and injecting 60 mcg.

So how much are you taking and what is your method of delivery?

Views: 694

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, please do! I had my follow up with my endo and diabetes educator...I'm now trying to combo bolus after eating so I don't spike 2 hours later. HOWEVER, that didn't seem to work today... I really wish there was a way to program a bolus for 30 minutes after I eat on my pump... I just don't trust myself to remember. LOL
Can you set an alarm on your pump? I used to do that when I was waiting an hour before starting my square wave bolus, because I would forget at times too. It's just not easy, is it?
I had to shut the alrams off on my pump...they kept me up all night. However I have the the alarm on which reminds me to check my BS every two hours
Yes, those alarms don't let me get a good night sleep either. I can't stand when the cgms alarms me every 20 minutes saying that I am low, when in "actuality" I am @110 or so. When I was bolusing an hour after eating/testing and giving symlin, I would set the bg reminder alarm for an hour after eating to actually remind me to bolus.
I know that is right! I have had to stop myself from throwing the CGM at the damned wall at 2am from false alarms! LOL...
I actually turn off the alarms at night and when I am teaching or at a meeting. The Revel allows you to do this. It has other good settings. I wake at night anyway and read the CGMS.
Just out of curiosity, DaleRox, why do you check your BS every two hours?
I take 120 mcg at breakfast, 60 at lunch and 60 at dinner, unless my bg is less than a 100, then I don't take that dose. I also use the pen for over a year.
You've been taking it quite awhile, BBach; do you take it to level your numbers or to lose weight? If weight, how much have you lost in the year?
long time user. i have to use pen now. i take 120 mcg before each meal but i usually only eat 2 meals. im not on a pump. i have to find a better dr so i can consider the pump. anyway, i take 2 shots of levemir, 2+ of symlin and 4 or 5 of novolog. i use to mix the symlin w/ either of the others cuz i was told i could mix if both were clear. so its no wonder i have hard pockets under my skin - too many shots!! if you have been on symlin for a while and not felt nausea, i think you can increase to 120mcg
Cheery, I highly suggest getting the pump... It makes life so much easier and managable. I'm thinking I'm probably going to need to up my dosage, judging from what I'm reading on here... Seems like most are at 120 mcg each meal.
I am also taking 60 mcg with each meal but I wonder if it is wearing off. I have been on Symlin since April this year, so six months, and each time I added more. Now I don't feel it at all and I am hungry enough to snack more. I am not overweight but I don't want to gain the 5 pounds back I lost. it does still lower the BG after eating so that is good, but the highs in two hours are higher. This is probably because I am eating more. Oh well. Nothing is perfect.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service