Thanks to Doris Ann for this idea!!! Let's share if we are from East TN, Middle TN, or West TN.
I could be considered East or Middle (I'm right in the middle of the 2!).
This divides us a little more, but may give each other an idea of where we are and what kind of events we might meet up at.

Views: 369

Replies to This Discussion

I'm from Murfreesboro just 30 miles southeast of NashVegas. I noticed a lot of Knoxville post is there a conspiriscy (Sorry spelling) here.

I live in Dayton about 40 miles north of Chattanooga.

Everybody is running from West TN!!! LOL!

I am from Greeneville Tennessee located in East Tennessee

Knoxville....does it seem like a whole lot of folks here are from East?

I think I've seen the exits to there on the interstate going by the sign at 85 Miles an hour! LOL! My hubby does the driving should I say more??? LOL!

I am from Nashville (Green Hills)

I'm in Knoxville- are there any T1's in Knoxville, or does anyone know of any T1 support groups nearby? Thanks.

I'm a T1 (been so for 28 years). I live in Maryville (about 20 min south of the downtown Knoxville area). There used to be a T1 pump support group when I first arrived 8 years ago (in Faragut), but it shut down a month after I moved here. I haven't heard of or found another specifically - but that doesn't mean they're not there --> I haven't actually looked very hard. I've got an appointment with my endrocronologist in April. I may ask around at the office and find out what they know - would you like me to let you know what I discover?

Sure. My CDE has been trying to look into it here with no luck. I thought about starting a meet up group. And then realized it costs 12 bucks a month! Do you know what might be a good way to get one started? I emailed the jdrf to ask, but haven't heard back yet

sounds like a good idea. what about TomatoHead at either Maryville or Knoxville? They have some pretty good food choices for diabetics...not the pizza, but salads and other good things.

Me. :-) (easier for me at Maryville (due to children)).

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service