No one here to cook but me, BAAAADDDD mistake!!!! burger King was quicker. 2 (count them) 2 Angry Whoppers bun and all. no fries I am so gonna feel like crap later. the Wife is gonna kill me. My dogs are mad at me ( cuz they didn't get any bites)
Whats your favorite place to CHEAT?

Views: 50

Replies to This Discussion

Jay,
Everyone slips once in a while and you said yourself, that you were gonna feel like crap later. That is punishment enough. I don't cheat much, but I do like to cook things that I know I cannot have just to "handle" the said bad stuff. I am also looking out for my husband's health and he doesn't cheat, at least in my presence!!! We agree we feel better if we lay off the fried foods and too much breading.... I have a Showtime Rotisserie and it makes some good stuff including roasted veggies. I am using more ground turkey and that can be seasoned any way you want it. Turkey takes to seasonings really well. I don't use Mrs Dash, but I found at Big Lots,a salt free seasoning that is so good. My down fall is the salt shaker. If I leave that alone, I do fine. Salt substitute is so awful tasting, I have not been able to get used to that. I love sugar free things and when I do cheat it is having more than a standard serving of something that is sugar free, but I have to try and remember everything that is sugar free is not calorie free... I don't mention carbs unless I am submitting a recipe.... I should be watching them too.... One step at a time. Keep praying and let's keep our minds on behaving. God will bless us for our efforts. Peace, my friend and take care. You better get a grip quick too. If you know your wife will be mad and you got the dogs mad at you, you could find yourself in a "jam" you can't get out of.... 0-) Ha Ha..

Be well blessed and take good care,
Humble In His Service
Always To His Glory

Peace and Love,
Ms. Lizz
Hello Ms.Lizz, Boy was I ever right about feeling like crap! that did me in for another year!! LOL
Thanks for your kind words of advise. and yes the Lord shall watch over us. ( but I bet he was a little ticked at me last night) LOL I usually watch myself a lot better. Tammy( my Wife ) tries too. she bought me something called salt sense, not sure if it's actually a substitute but it has 33% less sodium than salt and I really like it but it's kind of expensive. God Bless your Family, be well and take care. ( I am going to sign like this once ) shhhh! don't tell anybody. Rev. Jay Carroll
Don't think of it as cheating. Just don't do it all the time. :) That's my policy anyway. Once in a while is okay. Just not all the time. :)
My downfall is Krystals. I know it's disgusting- but there's just something about them- especially if they've just been steamed!

I ate 4 of them a couple of weeks ago- no fries- and my bs was way yonder too high 4 hours later.

Sure did taste good, though.
Hi Leigh, I like krystals about every 3 years or so LOL. everybody has to cheat every now and then just to keep things with people like us fun! hahahahahahahahahahaha.............. see ;p
I 'll tell ya one thing though, if I would have had those tasty, delish fries like I thought about getting I would still be sick, thanks for answering. Jay
Right now, my favorite place to cheat is the Chinese buffet just down the road. Sushi...sesame chicken...egg rolls...these are my kryptonite.
Let's see here..............Oh I know Sonic and those footlong cheese coneys along with some fries (of course) and a diet coke. Hey I'm on my diet with "diet coke" right? LOL!
Honey Grahams with peanut butter are my sinful treat! I love those!!
Sonic cheeseburger w/ fries and a Diet Dr. Pepper!! My cheat of choice...

Had to laugh at this.....I found a great job with my career later on, but my very first job in high school was at Burger King. I've seen more Whoppers than most humans have in an entire lifetime!

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service