Hi everyone -
I just wanted to let you all know that I've recently started a new blog especially for people who live with / love someone with type 1... www.diabetesdelicatebalance.blogspot.com . Since so many of us share the same concerns / issues around this, I thought I'd put it out here to let you all know about it! So far I've blogged on what I call the "Facts of Life" of living with someone with type 1: #1 - Blood Sugar Lows, #2 - Anxiety, #3 - Need to be a Team Player ... and more to come! I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments - I'm sure you all have more to share, and I'd love to learn from you.

Thanks,
Ashley

Views: 186

Replies to This Discussion

I just read your bio.....Hmmm, let me think.... Spouse less than proactive in managing their own T1.... Why does that sound so familiar?
I have a blog, also, about living with diabetes - and recipes with carb counts. Not nearly as insightful as yours.... Actually, it's more about the food.
http://blog.easygourmetdinners.com
Hi Katie - Thanks for your reply. I can't wait to look at your blog too (especially since you're in France! - I took a peek at your profile). I love recipes, particularly ones with carb counts... makes life so much easier! I look forward to your input/comments about being a spouse of someone with type 1 ... we all have so much to learn from each other!

Salut,
Ashley
I can totally relate and look forward to reading your blog. It's been a while since I've been on the TuDiabetes site and have realized that I've missed my support system. Communicating with others going through the same situations helped me keep my sanity!

Happy blogging! :-)
Hi there - thanks for your comment, and I'm glad you wrote. I read your blog (which was wonderful by the way!), and you seem like a very positive, proactive kind of person. I could relate very much to what you wrote around your husband's diagnosis in 2005... it was very similar to the way my husband was diagnosed in 1997 when he was 32 - a surprise for us, for the relationship ... but your outlook is great, and I appreciate your comments. I hope all is going well! I hope you like the blog I've started - I hope it is helpful... please add your comments/thoughts because I think those are REALLY what's going to be the useful part for others!

I'll keep my eye on your blog too! ;-)

Take care,
Ashley
Hi Ashley,
I read through your blog and relate to it totally. My husband has Type 1 Diabetes too. He was diagnosed at age 19 years and it's now 25 years since the diagnosis. Living with a diabetic husband has been an intensive learning process indeed! Just as much for me as it is for my husband!!
Thanks for sharing.
Tara

Hi Ashley, My name is Gail; but I go by gigi60 here and if you've read any of my blogs then you will see the issues that we are facing now. My husband of 30; almost 31; years was diagnoised in 2010 with Type 2 diabetes. They gave him Glizipide 1 10mg tablet 30 minutes before breakfast and supper; nothing more. His numbers are all over the place and so on August 12, 2013; I had to call for an ambulance because his numbers shot up to 598 to 600 and I didn't know what to do. I took him to see his PC doctor on the 14th and she finally put him on Lantus 10ccs everyday at the same time for him to get his numbers under control. His numbers are still high 254 to 514 and before I forget the PC increased his Glizipide tablets to 20mgs twice daily. I know its going to take a while for his numbers to get under control; but how do I help him deal with this when he thinks we're all against him when it comes to him eating and his portions. Now they want us to watch his carbs and his sugar intake; and to make his portions smaller; but he doesn't understand why he's hungry. We all eat the same thing to not make him feel any different; yet he's having trouble handling this situation. Help me help him before we both loose what little bit of sanity we have left. I also have health issues that don't help either; cancer and RA. HELP ME HELP HIM; PLEASE. Thanks Ashley. Gail Fouts; aka gigi60.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service