Now hopefully, I can attach the article, but in a nutshell it said that 75% of healthcare spending on diabetes is related to treatment for the longterm complications - something like,Oh I don't…Continue
I got the email from TuDiabetes - a newsletter type. I decided to check out the TuD store - and what did I find? PUG T-SHIRTs! I'm telling myself they were put on the store "shelf" for me personally.Continue
"I really, really, really hope you don't get offended and upset at my having a different opinion about this, and feeling entitled to share it here.I'm highly skeptical of this view. I look at smokers, and the intensive campaign our society…"
"I'm a T1, and I have no restrictions on the amount of test strips I get. But I think that part of the reason that many T2s are not very involved in their treatment is that they actually don't know what's happening in their bodies, and…"
"Because they face a serious damage, suffering, and several days in the hospital 24/7 if they don't closely manage their blood sugar, every minute of every day -- and that's the best-case scenario. Worst case, they face death. Not long-term…"
"Oh my goodness, the kings and queens of type 1 diabetes.
15 % of all diabetics yet the other 85 % of diabetics type 2 can rot in hell and make use of less equipment and tools. What a farce that is!
No thanks Dave, your exclusive view that the 15 per…"
"I obviously disagree with such nonsense.
A cgm built in volume and sensors to go could be reduced to a couple of hundreed dollars.
Such sohpistry is revolting, angering amd rediculous.
When Video tape recorders were made by ampex; they were monsters…"
"As the seemingly sole contrarian here I want to make clear that I think CGMs should be standard care for T1s, covered by insurance, and would support legislation mandating that much narrower program than availability to all diabetics.
I say this as…"
"First, thank you for remaining civil and having a rational discussion. I'm always puzzled when people take offense at having their opinion challenged, and it gets foul when a party decides to engage in personal attacks. While you and I disagree…"
"I have a feeling that since JDRF is focused on type 1, it is helpful to their fundraising if type 1 is associated with children. And let's face it, as one of the major funding sources for research into a cure, my thoughts are whatever works."
"My point in the "public paying these costs is related to the more indirect. Prior to the ACA, we paid for those who ended up in the ER either through costs being shared between govt and insured people (part of our premiums - although you…"
"The public is NOT necessarily paying for the costs here except medicaid, welfare.
Those of us on medicare have supplements as well.
As for who is paying, I was and extremely angry over these comments as I was.
At Start, I paid $6,000 buying strips…"
"Justlookin, you are right about complications being more expensive than strips and education (and yes, I do have it easier to get adequate strips as a person with type 1 - and I do believe that everyone with D should have access). I want to add to…"
"You bet!To sell the public on something, though, that's not gonna be enough information. Consider yourself personally: Would that be enough to make the sale with you, or would you ask, how much will the cost increase be up-front, how much will…"
My neighbor has 3 pugs she rescued from a puppy mill - Teeny, Tiny, and Bitsy. All were terribly abused, but once they found out they were safe have become extremely affectionate. Shen she is sour of town, I walk them on a triple leash and they prance around like royalty. If it's below 30 degrees, they have to wear their sweaters. If it's below 10 degrees, they have to wear dog boots, which they do not like. Bitsy hides under the bed and has to be lured out with a treat. Then Tiny also wants a treat but he is obese and on a diet.
So by the time I get them ready I'm almost exhausted.
Thanks, my Blue Merle Collie, Lacey, was the most beautiful dog we've ever had. I love looking at my avatar; we have a water-color painting of her in our living room. Now we have 3 Golden Retrievers, a fun breed. I'll bet that Pugs are fun also. I've had different breeds, but never Pugs. I'm missing having a smaller dog right now...
Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →
Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →