Dear Friends from Tudiabetes.com
Hope you all would have celebrated World Diabetes Day with a lot of zest. Here I am narrating the way I celebrated WDD:
1. On 9th Nov addressed a CME for physicians of Lucknow, organized by Eli Lilly, title was-“Analog Insulin-Need of the Hour.” The function was organized at Hotel Parke In.
2. Answered the phone calls of readers of a news daily-the Jagran on 13th Nov during 2-4 PM.
3. Organized “Gobal Diabetes Walk” organized by Novo Nordisc at 7 AM on 14th Nov.
4. Started a “Diabetic Foot Check Up Unit” at Indira Diagnostic Lab and Blood Bank on 14th Nov.
5. Addressed the employees of Canara Bank at 3.30 PM. Topic was “Credit card Culture and Diabetes.
6. As Chief Guest, lit the lamp at 5 PM at Sahara Corporate House and addressed the audience on topic-“Prediabetes Is a Wake Up Call.”
7. Authored a “Diabetes Special” feature for Hindustan, Patna Edition, a leading national daily, published on 14th Nov.
8. Authored a feature on Diabetes for Arogya.com, an electronic Journal.
9. Authored an article on diabetic foot problems for “Current Diabetes Reports,” published on 9th Nov.
10. In several schools and organizations the head of the institution, read out a message written by me as part of WDD celebration; details coming to me gradually.
11. 500 people signed a pledge letter with following points:-
- I will lit a blue bulb on the night of 14th Nov
- I will participate in Global Diabetes Walk on 14th Nov.
- I will start regular walk/exercise from tomorrow for my own health
- I will stop smoking from now for my own health
- I shall contribute to the cause of Diabetes in my area of influence in any way.
Many more activities shall be carried out by me in the next few days.
Please reply with your contributions
Dr. L.K. Shankhdhar
Dr. L.K. Shankhdhar's Blog
Posted on February 4, 2013 at 11:25pm
My book on diabetes foot related diseases shall be released on 10th Februray, 2013. The book is in Hindi. International company manufacturing foot related products has already placed an order for 500 copies of the book even before release
Posted on April 19, 2012 at 6:02pm
While the value of self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) is well established in patients taking insulin (in both type 1 and type 2 diabetes), debate has continued as to its usefulness in type 2 patients not taking insulin.
It has been a working hypothesis that self-monitoring in these patients could prompt them to adjust their diet and lifestyle resulting in improved glycemic control.
A meta-analysis published in the Cochrane Library this year has concluded that this… Continue
Posted on January 2, 2011 at 6:26am
Mr. Parashar was my close friend. I was appointed CEO of his coming up Medical College- the SMPJ Institute of Medical Sciences at Lucknow. When he developed Diabetes 3 years before, he was so excited that he requested me to see him even at 10 PM, despite my reluctance. I did see him on that day and on the following day as well when I advised his some more tests. After that day he would have met me at least 50 times and had telephonic contact on innumerable times but he never talked of his… Continue
Posted on May 9, 2010 at 6:02pm
Dear Friends I am leaving for US in the next month. First I shall visit Sandiego to attend Conference on Endocrinology and next I shall be visiting Orlando to attend ADA.
Posted on November 26, 2009 at 3:12am
'I celebrated world Diabetes day on 14th Nov by participating in a mini ADA session, called BEST OF ADA INDIA, held at my place-Lucknow. It comprised of some 7 speakers from ADA. I had a chance to chair a session addressed by Richard A Kahn and Burant. See photopraphs'.