Well we are a holding pattern, just waiting for some communication with the insurance company to arrive. Will they approve usage of a CGMS or will they deny. Well last monday I received my first communication stating they needed additional information. The are requesting diagnosis codes and procedures codes.
I called the doctors office on Monday and they called me back today "Friday" The were able to provide me with the diagnosis code 250.01 = type 1 diabetes "duh" and they were not sure what the procedure code would be and suggested I contact billing. Luckily during my initial frustrations, I had made contact with My Diabetes Educator and she has been a Godsend, and is looking to see what the procedure code would be. So hopefully the insurance company will have what they need and let me know one way or the other. If they approve it I will be surprised and shocked but extremely greatfull, if they deny it I'll simply be ready to fight on.