Lately I seem to have so many stupid, duh moments with my diabetes management, something that should not happen after all this time with D. Like,
1. Forgetting to reconnect my infusion set after I change my clothes.
2. Forgetting to bolus before eating and then "wondering" why my BG is over 300 a couple of hours later.
3. Waking up to a really high blood sugar and instead of following the "protocol" for when you have a high BG on a pump, just rage bolusing all the way into work, eating breakfast, and then finally noticing a big 'ol wet spot on your dress that smells like bandaids (ok, that one was just a double-duh)
4. Running between meetings at work and thinking, "I swear I'll check my BG the next time I walk past my office." And then forgetting
5. SWAGing, even when I have an app on my iPhone that allows me to look up fairly accurate carb counts.
6. Leaving insulin in a hot car (oops!)
7. Leaving glucose tabs in my pockets and then washing my clothes (do you know what glucotabs turn into in the washing machine?)
8. Leaving the house without my meter.
So what are your duhabetes moments?