Yesterday, I received a call from a student pretending to sell magazines to raise money for college. I told him that I was disinterested. Within 30 minutes a man appeared at my door posing as student's sponsor. I didn't open door and immediately telephoned police. Police said solicitors probably simultaneously gathered listing from whitepages.com
Steps to remove information
1. visit www.whitepages.com
2. type in full name, city, state
3. check and see what links match you then scroll to end of page which reads is this you. Click yes and remove me
4. then click http://www.peoplesmart.com/?_act=optout
5. call this number to delete those deceased that are linked to your name
How do I contact PeopleSmart or talk with a real live person on the phone?
Our dedicated support team is available Monday through Friday, 6AM-7:30PM CST, Saturday 7AM-6PM CST, and Sunday 6AM-6PM CST. The phone number is 1-888-813-0008. As we're sure you've experienced in the past, call volume can make for some phone waiting time, but we promise to be as quick as can be. Electronic support may be a speedier way to get our staff working on your issue, plus it's available 24/7. Click here to open a support ticket.
6. Call all people associated w/ name and have them do the same. If they are still on either site your name can still be researced even if your personal info such as address, phone number etc. doesn't appear.