In addition to the low carb thing I'm trying (read previous post), I am going to do two things:
1) Try this out: http://www.tudiabetes.org/group/drbernstein/forum/topics/bolus-for-...
Bolus for Proteins and Fats as well as carbs. Something is definitley not being covered by my insulin...maybe it's the proteins hitting me? Can't hurt to try, since I won't go balls-out crazy and overdose on insulin. Gradual ajustments!
The formula from that page is:
"56% * protein grams, 10% * fat grams, along with 100% * carb grams" (from onesaint's post). He or she also mentions "I bolus about 1/3 instantly and square (over time) the rest for 1.5-2 hours. The trick with it is finding out how much to instant bolus and how much to square."
2) About to change birth control from Yasmine 28-day to Nuvaring, to see if lowering the hormones will help...during my menstrual cycle my insulin works a lot better and faster...which is during the 7 sugar-pill days. Coincidence? I doubt it. Here's hoping!
I'll post if I see changes on this...for the odd chance that it might help someone else out :-)
Also, a little recipe....
Delicious Scrambled Eggs
1 whole egg
1/8 cup egg white (got the pre-ready kind)
Butter for pan
Chopped Black Forest Ham
Ground black pepper
1) Butter pan, heat to medium
2) Cook mushrooms, spinach & ham until they are browned/soft
3) Mix egg and eggwhite with tiny bit of milk (like 2 Tbsp), cheese, a pinch of salt and black pepper
4) Add egg mix to browning ingredients
5) Scramble eggs!
6) Serve with one or two of the delicious coconut muffins I posted about earlier.
CARBS: 1.5 g
PROTEIN: 13 g
FAT: 10 g