Things Are Changing!
The migration of TuDiabetes has begun
Content created between now and the launch of our new site on April 20th will NOT be moved to that new home, but our community values and Terms of Service still apply during this time.We are not accepting new members during this transition period. If you want to join the TuDiabetes community please send an e-mail to TuDiabetesAdmin@gmail.com. We will send you an invitation to join after the migration is completed.
So next week I am having my first appointment with my new endo. She works in the same clinic as the old one and is under the whole Joslin umbrella so I am pretty sure she is cut from the same cloth as my last one. I am just hoping this one actually cares about and for her patients. So to that end I am starting to formulate some interview questions for her. The way I look at it, I am hiring this person to be my endo. My insurance company will be paying her salary so why not treat it like a job interview. Here are a few of the questions I am thinking of asking, if you have any additional things you think I should ask, please comment back.
1. Do you only treat diabetic patients or do you treat other endocrine conditions ?
2. What % of your patients are adult type 1 ?
3. Do you have D or do you have any family members with D ?
4. At what blood sugar level would you consider your patient to be hypoglycemic ?
5. Have you ever yourself actually been on a "hypoglycemic excursion"? I just want to know if in medical school or any other controlled clinical environment endos actually experience what a hypo or hyperglycemic event feels like. Since they all seem to be absolutely frightened to death by them. And I like the word excursion, it sounds kind of like a vacation.
6. Would you support a low carb diet for your diabetic patients ?
7. Do you consider an A1C of less than 6.0 with minimal hypos better than an A1C of 6.5 to 7 with minimal hypos in your T1 patients ?
8. Why am I taking Lantus and Humalog ? What are the differences between them and other analog insulins ?
So that is my start, anyone want to add anything ?