Opens April 6, 2012
HOW TO ENTER
1. Go to the “No-Sugar Added® Poetry” profile page on TuDiabetes.
2. Post your original poem directly on the “No-Sugar Added Poetry” page comment wall. Your Submission can be as creative as you like within the Submission Guidelines mentioned below. You may enter a maximum of one (1) poem per Weekly Contest. If you submit more than one during any of the four Weekly Contests, only the first one (1) will be judged for that week.
Weekly Contest Deadlines (“Weekly Deadlines”)
* Each submission must not exceed 500 words that convey a compelling message related to diabetes.
* The poem may be in haiku, verse form or any other form of poetry.
* Your Submission(s) should express creativity and originality, and convey emotion and a compelling, evocative and personal message.
* Submissions may not contain any illegal, offensive or obscene subject matter.
If your poem(s) requires special formatting, please attach a rich text format (RTF) document containing the requested formatting in the “comment” section of the entry page. Needless to say, your poem(s) must be original works of authorship created by the person who makes the submission.
JUDGING AND NOTIFICATION
Each week’s submissions will be judged together. A panel of qualified volunteer judges who are also members of TuDiabetes will conduct judging of all Qualified Submissions received on or before each Weekly Deadline.
Poems that do not relate diabetes will not be judged. Each Qualified Submission will be judged on a 100-point scale as follows:
* Creativity and originality of the poem: 35 points
* Compelling and evocative nature of the poem and emotion conveyed: 35 points
* How the poem benefits diabetes awareness, education or advocacy: 30 points
AMAZING WEEKLY PRIZES
If eligible under these Official Rules, the three (3) highest scoring Selected Contestants per week will receive:
There will also be honorable mentions for the fourth and fifth highest scores.
If we get enough submissions this year, we might be able to write another No-Sugar Added® Poetry Book together! So let's get your pens ready… and to get your creative juices flowing, check out last year's winners: First Week, Second Week, Third Week, and Forth Week.
CLICK HERE for complete Diabetes Hands Foundations contest rules.