I just changed my infusion set for myself for the first time. I would have done it yesterday, except I had random shopping that happened most of the day, so by the time I had a reasonable space of time, it was today. One of my worries starting on the pump was the adhesive, but so far so good. There's a series of concentric circles where my first set was, like a bullseye on my abdomen, but no problem areas.
But this morning, I was running high for hours. I wonder if I maybe had an air bubble, because it didn't clear up from 7 when I woke up until after 10. I was worried that I might have left it in too long and it went bad or something, but I also switched up my breakfast--finally at 10, it started going down, which was good because I was at church and I knew I didn't have the ability to do anything about it except possibly take out a syringe.
My only real issue changing the set was with the inserter--I accidently pushed it in before I had taken off the backing so that it could be sticky, but that wasn't that hard a fix. And then there was the small mountain of garbage created by a site change. This time I'm trying above my waistband.
It's amazing. I keep on feeling a little something digging into my abdomen, and I think, that must be the infusion set, and then I run my fingers over the place, and it's actually where the pump is resting on my waistband. I never thought that would be the main irritant in this process.
Ah well. Today the kids are coming over, which will be fun and tiring at the same time. And I need to take a nap before they do.