Where does the time go? I can't believe that it's been almost a year since my last post!! I'm truly sorry, but his past year has really kicked my *ss!! So what is new you may ask?? Lots!!!
- This past year my oldest daughter was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. Not diabetes like her younger sister, Olivia, but with Alopecia Universalis. Her body is attacking her hair follicles and she lost all of her hair. She is completely bald - no hair, no eyebrow, no eyelashes, no body hair...nothing. She is nine years old so at times it has been really emotional for her (for me too!), but she continues to have a good outlook. I'm thankful for that, but I do worry when she becomes a teenager. I've spent alot of time learning about it, trying every product under the sun, dermatologist appointments, joining another wonderful online community, etc. So now I have two daughter's who have to deal with an autoimmune disease. One who looks just like anyone else, but who struggles with the type 1 diabetes beast that lives inside of her and another who looks like she is "sick", but is healthy otherwise.
- Olivia is doing well with her type 1 diabetes and we are looking into insulin pumps. I think we have narrowed it down to the "Ping" and we hope to be pumping this summer (2010)
- I've joined an online group of mothers (that started with a few here from tudiabetes) and I think the world of them. They are the best friends I've never meet in person..lol! Seriously, the support and friendship that they have given me is amazing. Thank you D-moms
- I started my own blog at http://autoimmuneisland.blogspot.com - home of Alopecia Queen and the Sugar Princess.
- I''m trying to get my own body in better shape....it's like a full time job! Ugh!!
- I'm still a full time teacher so I'm looking forward to this summer...this has been a very busy school year. Not only with the two schools that I teach at, but also my daughter's school. I think I also volunteered to do too many things and found myself not having alot of "me" time.
- We are planning a family vacation to Disney World this June, 2010. 42 days until we meet Mickey....it can''t get here fast enough. We are taking my in-laws with us to help us out....I hope they have alot of fun!
How are you my friends?