Things Are Changing!
The migration of TuDiabetes has begun
Content created between now and the launch of our new site on April 20th will NOT be moved to that new home, but our community values and Terms of Service still apply during this time.We are not accepting new members during this transition period. If you want to join the TuDiabetes community please send an e-mail to TuDiabetesAdmin@gmail.com. We will send you an invitation to join after the migration is completed.
If you are interested in becoming an ambassador, request an invite to the DHF Ambassadors Committee:
If you were wondering what DHF Ambassadors do, this video explains this role:
* Create, moderate and lead a group by area you are representing. It is possible there is an existing group that you can become the Ambassador for. Ambassadors can be working at the regional or national level (Virtual Embassy).
* Coordinate with dhf staff, Community Promotion and Education Committee and fellow members to have the community represented at local events, health fairs, etc.
* Coordinate distribution of informational material about the things we do in our community, awareness programs, etc. (printed material provided by the foundation, outside USA we may need to arrange for a local printing service to print the materials). We will be needing to raise funds to print more materials.
* Overview distribution of educational material (in schools, hospitals, doctors’ offices, etc.) in coordination with the promotion and education committee and /or area group.
* Identify future opportunities to reach out to more people in your designated area. Identify special education needs in your designated area. Report findings and needs to dhf staff.
* Share with the other Ambassadors learnings and best practices developed per area.
The DHF Ambassador concept and role is evolving and we are defining it as we go with our current ambassadors.
If you want to learn about other volunteer opportunities, check out this other video: