Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,745)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I am so happy to find you!!

I am new here. I am very happy to find you. I have been all over the net looking for a site that has real people with problems with diabete…

Started by sarah werneburg

14 Dec 8, 2009
Reply by Manny Hernandez

How far way are we from an "all in one unit" that measures BSL as well as pumps the correspondingly correct insulin?

This would be such a lifeaving/extending device. Does anyone have any update/gossip on this?

Started by MarkM

21 Dec 8, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

Keeping glucose meter warm while Apline Skiing

My 12 year old daughter is a ski racer who has just been diagosed with Type 1 Diabetes. She is trying to find ways of keeping her glucose m…

Started by Jennifer Y

3 Dec 7, 2009
Reply by Jennifer Y

have you ever been outed?

I just got home from a class I had tonight and in the class was a woman who knew me as a kid. She too has T1 and somehow this woman talked…

Started by MelissaM

54 Dec 7, 2009
Reply by Amanda

Sports and "The Pump"

I'm wondering what folks do with their pumps when they participate in sports. I realize that the actual sport may determine whether or not…

Started by Chris E.

13 Dec 6, 2009
Reply by DC Reporter

Swine Flu Vaccine - Blood Sugar Levels

Hi all, Tracys partner here. She recently received the H1N1 vaccine (Shot Variety) and has had unexplained high sugars two days after. Ha…

Started by Tracy

8 Dec 5, 2009
Reply by snowangel66

Were you part of the dark ages? B4 1975??

Hey does anybody remember this: 2 drops of urine 10 drops of water 1 tablet Then wait for the magical bubbling to stop.... TADUM,,,I hop…

Started by Sylvie

36 Dec 5, 2009
Reply by Betty J

New Here

I have a unique kind of Diabetes. I was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis at birth. I underwent a bilateral lung transplant in 2001. My Diabet…

Started by Heidi I.

18 Dec 4, 2009
Reply by Gerri

EZ Manager Windows 7

I have been using EZ Manager with my Animas 2020 and Bayer Contour with my Windows XP desktop for some time. However my Windows XP Desktop…

Started by John Brink

7 Dec 4, 2009
Reply by Theodore Quick

tattoo ink for diabetics??

I apologize if this has already been discussed... http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/02/12/diabetes-tattoo-02.html I'm absolutely floored…

Started by die die my darling

3 Dec 4, 2009
Reply by Keith221

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service