Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,550)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution and The Diabetes Diet

Does anyone have any reviews on Dr. Bernstein's books: The Diabetes Solution and The Diabetes Diet? I am interested in buying these but wou…

Started by Troy K. Childers

9 Oct 27, 2009
Reply by Judith

pda/ windows mobile apps?

Hi all, I did a search for pda and then for windows mobile apps, but came up blank. Is there anyone out there using an app (for windows m…

Started by Leann

1 Oct 27, 2009
Reply by Cynthia F.

Predicting an a1c with day to day blood sugar tests.

Since i've started my pump my blood sugars have actually risen a bit due to not having any lows, rarely do i ever go above 190 or under 70…

Started by snowangel66

4 Oct 27, 2009
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Do cold Meds make your bg go up?

My son is 8 and he has some unexplained highs, I'm wondering if zyrtec or singular could be the cause.

Started by Kerry

7 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

Fat T1s???

Hi all I am a Type 1 and I am fat. Personally I think this is just my body shape. I have lost weight before but have always come back to a…

Started by Smartprofessor

24 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by Beth

More insulin in cold weather?

This week we have switched from controlling lows to sorting out highs. Apparently we want to explore the entire range of problems quickly.…

Started by Katie Zeller

8 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by Katie Zeller

Nurse-by-phone coaching?

BCBS has mailed me a few invitations to join LifeMaster's diabetes disease management program. It seems like a call center of nurses who co…

Started by Grace

16 Oct 25, 2009
Reply by Brian (bsc)

C-peptide Helps Prevent Diabetes Complications

I am finding articles that indicate that very small amounts of C-peptide can protect against diabetes complications in the eyes and kidneys…

Started by Richard157

13 Oct 25, 2009
Reply by Richard157

Does anyone know why lancets can not be built into the glucometers?

Does anyone know why lancets can not be built into the glucometers? I was told it was to do with regulatory reason, but can not find anythi…

Started by Prajay Parmar

8 Oct 23, 2009
Reply by Jaclyn

Feeling down about hyperthyroidism

After seeing three different doctors about what I thought were swollen lymph nodes (with BGs consistently 60-80 points above normal), I saw…

Started by Janet

13 Oct 23, 2009
Reply by Janet

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service