Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,718)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Can you truly be happy with Type 1? PLEASE RESOND......

I've had Type 1 now for just a little over 3 months. My friends, family, and doctors all agree that I have handled the situation very well.…

Started by Marty MacLeod

82 Dec 2, 2009
Reply by Lauren

Does Humalog make a disposable pen that doses in .5 increments?

Does Humalog make a disposable pen that doses in .5 increments?

Started by Courtneyv

6 Dec 2, 2009
Reply by Courtneyv

Can anyone offer a simple explanation of what affects A1C readings.

Yes - I know it is BSL readings but im interested in - *how far back does it measure. *Will just a few spikes affect the reading significan…

Started by MarkM

6 Dec 1, 2009
Reply by MarkM

Sharps Disposal

Where do you buy your Sharps Disposal Containers? Do you use other containers? And where do you dispose of them?

Started by Kathyann

19 Dec 1, 2009
Reply by Kathyann

Switch to pump?

I have been T1 for the past 6 month, A1c when daignosed was over 9. 3 months later it dropped to 8.1 and now in November it's 6.7. I have g…

Started by Aysha S.

8 Dec 1, 2009
Reply by Helmut

too much blood

I was changing my infusion set of my pump last night, I pulled it out like I normally do. went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and…

Started by Kristen Rose

14 Dec 1, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

massages...ahhh...

i got a deep tissue massage today and it was wonderful. i've been told in the past that massages can be a good tool for diabetics to aid in…

Started by Amanda

9 Dec 1, 2009
Reply by Amanda

Reporter seeking your advice for the newly diagnosed for a series of news articles

I'm a freelance medical reporter who writes for magazines, newspapers and various websites about many issues including diabetes and our hea…

Started by Karen Rafinski

32 Dec 1, 2009
Reply by DC Reporter

Dining out

How do you count carbohydrates for a night out on the town for dinner? Do you smuggle a carbohydrate book and food scale in the restaurant…

Started by Danny

23 Dec 1, 2009
Reply by Lorraine

Traveling

Hiya, i'm going off travelling round the world in March, to San Francisco, Fiji, New Zealand, Australia and Thailand for four months. The i…

Started by Emma Williams

5 Dec 1, 2009
Reply by Chris Sommers

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service