Insulin Pump Users Forum (2,177)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Finally !!!!!

I am finally pumping after months and months of waiting and practicing, thanks for all the help everyone, I am sure I will need plenty more…

Started by Michael Chappell

5 Aug 17, 2009
Reply by MelissaM

Ping Pump or Injections?

Hello everyone, I’m new to this community but I really need advice on what to do for my 7 yr old son who has been type 1 for 4 yrs. His con…

Started by Kendra

5 Aug 16, 2009
Reply by Brandon

Where do you stick your omnipod?

Im just trying to figure out a more convenient place to put it.....

Started by Emily S

2 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Eric Rizzo

pro's and con's of the omni pod system

Hello all, I'm new to the forum/site and am on the fence about switching from shots tothe omni pod system.I was wondering if those of you w…

Started by dsg1987

5 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Eric Rizzo

Animas Ping

Hello- I am fairly new to this site and am looking for info on the Animas Ping. I have been on a MM pump for the past 4 years and am curren…

Started by Jamie

11 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Jamie

9+ hours of insulin delivery after my MM722 showed zero units in reservoir

Around noon yesterday I saw that my MM722 showed zero units left in the reservoir. Usually I change before it hits zero...sometimes when it…

Started by John Smith

16 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Kristin

Animas and DexCom partnership?!?!

I've been invited to an Animas "appreciation dinner". A portion of the invitation is below. What have others heard? I've been on the Ping f…

Started by Bug74

2 Aug 14, 2009
Reply by Mandy

Seeking advice from folks who converted from Minimed to Omnipod

I'm either irritated w/ Minimed b/c of this recall or I'm ready for a new gadget, don't know which but when I got the email from Insulet ab…

Started by Kimberly

19 Aug 14, 2009
Reply by Janet

Black Meter Remote Case Replacement

My daughter uses a ping and is about to start back to school. Since black isn't her color, I was wondering if anyone makes a better looking…

Started by Jimmy Lindsey

6 Aug 14, 2009
Reply by Unicornzzz

Asking for carb menu - no, I'm not on a diet

Okay, my rant for the day! There are times I absolutely hate asking for carb menus. Last night I got that "oh, darling, you don't have to w…

Started by Candice Carr

7 Aug 12, 2009
Reply by Candice Carr

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service