Insulin Pump Users Forum (2,209)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New Insulin Pump Device Aims to Halt Dangerous Lows

Diabetes News Hound ran an article this morning about how Medtronic, the diabetes device maker, has launched a new product that works with…

Started by Christopher Frankie

19 Sep 13, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

BC BS Fed rejects Animas cartridges!! Anyone else?

I got a new Animas Ping a week ago, and now I have to write an appeal letter to try to get Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal to cover the cart…

Started by Bilg

12 Sep 12, 2009
Reply by Michael

why won't my endo approve me pumping?(pls ansr)

i am really mad,you see,since i got D last Jan.,i have been asking for a pump,she would always tell me to wait first,the problem was me g…

Started by Asma

33 Sep 9, 2009
Reply by Asma

D and the Family

Hi! Does anyone have any ideas on how to get your family more involved? I am 29 (yeah, I am not really a kid by any means! Ha Ha :) ) and h…

Started by Rachael

5 Sep 9, 2009
Reply by Robin Orthman

Removing the cannula

How do you do it? For the first few insertion site changes, I was very careful when removing the cannula...painstakingly undoing the tape f…

Started by John Smith

33 Sep 8, 2009
Reply by Scotty Hinote

Let's talk about dealing with exercise and the pump.

I am an active adult who exercises almost everyday. I have information on how to deal with prolonged exercise which I do about once a week.…

Started by Sarah Keech

18 Sep 8, 2009
Reply by Terry Keelan

Minimed Veo coming to Australia

I was going through the the Australian Prothesis List and saw the normal minimed pump in there and then i cam across the Veo and its more e…

Started by Brent

0 Sep 8, 2009

New to the Pump - Air bubbles

I try my best to make sure that there are no air bubbles when I fill the reservoir. I hold the pump upright to prime until I think I don't…

Started by Yu Shing

9 Sep 7, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

Minimed lot 8 recall

It's been well over a month since I returned my lot 8's and were supposed to be receiving one replacement box every 3 weeks. To date I've n…

Started by Bob McAdams

7 Sep 7, 2009
Reply by Yu Shing

Insertion sites

Hi all, I am inserting in my tommy all the time. I swithsh between one side to another. I insert the infusion once a month on my upper bot…

Started by BEBO

6 Sep 6, 2009
Reply by Michelle Powley

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service