All Discussions Tagged 'diabetes' (602)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Quick fall on the ice Monday; BROKEN ANKLE...Advice Please...

First (and /final) Facts: Ohio winters can begin early, and persist in length, variability and severity. Though it was 56 today, four days…

Started by Brunetta

107 yesterday
Reply by meee

Grandma Sandy Finds New Home at Diabetes Hands Foundation

Grandma Sandy Finds New Home at Diabetes Hands Foundation Special fund established to support initiatives for grandparents of, parents of,…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

1 Apr 5
Reply by Judith in Portland

New online course about diabetes

There's a course beginning on Coursera, which is online and free. It is titled Diabetes, A Global Challenge. Coursera (coursera.org) makes…

Started by marty1492

3 Mar 24
Reply by David (dns)

Area Under the Curve...say what?

My endo recently mentioned in an email that the area under the curve should be calculated for the insulin and glucose measurements from my…

Started by Lilli D

8 Mar 21
Reply by Terry

Frequent of hypos and how to avoid it?

I really need your help. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes on April 8, 2013. My first doses (MDI) when first diagnosed is 10u breakfast,…

Started by Lyna

3 Mar 17
Reply by Sensorium139

Dr. Alan Jacobson on the subject of Diabetes and Depression

Please join us today 4:00 PM Eastern, 1:00 PM Pacific for a live interview with Dr. Alan Jacobson on the subject of Diabetes and Depression…

Started by rick phillips

6 Mar 15
Reply by Sarah Keech

Can diabetics donate blood?

Can we? What about the insuline or other medications we take? And how safe is it for us?

Started by Timm

10 Mar 12
Reply by Bear

Newly Diagnosed Runner

I am 31 years old and was diagnosed with Type 1 in the beginning of January. About 3 years ago I started running and fell in love with it.…

Started by Mandark61

12 Mar 10
Reply by Mandark61

Careers and Diabetes - Did you have to change your choices?

I wondering what what many of us do for living and whether or not diabetes has affected your job or choice of careers?   I guess I am askin…

Started by KimKat

23 Feb 25
Reply by Jess

Stomach Problems, Type 1 Diabetes, Digestion Problems!!!!!

I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 2005 (I was 14). I am now 20 years old, and until approx. 2006 was otherwise very healthy, with wel…

Started by Rebecca

11 Feb 21
Reply by Holger Schmeken

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service