All Discussions Tagged 'doctors' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hmmmm what to do, what to do...

OK. So I met with my doc. A long and complicated process as I am about to explain... After really roller-coastering BGLs I finally got in t…

Started by Kervinator

8 Jul 30, 2013
Reply by Scott A

Diagnosed almost two months ago as type 1

Hi everyone! Almost two months ago, on September 25th, I was diagnosed as type 1. It's been a really interesting couple months to put it mi…

Started by Ali

4 Nov 16, 2012
Reply by Terry

Cut Off of Medical Insurance! :O

Hello fellow Diabetics, I really need some advice right now. My family is really panicking about this. My Diabetic sister just turned 21 ye…

Started by Sarah D

13 Aug 14, 2012
Reply by Kathy

When to add another doctor to the witch hunt

So, I'm having heart issues, but my endo can't figure out what's causing the symptoms. My husband wants me to go see a cardiologist, and wh…

Started by Mocha

9 Apr 25, 2012
Reply by Super_sally

Doctor no longer prescribing test strips?!

So, I've never started a thread on here before, but I figure I would today after what happened to me. This morning: realize my supplies ar…

Started by kphil06

23 Aug 3, 2011
Reply by Scott E

Endocrinologist Recommendation

Does anyone know of any good endocrinologists in the Sacramento California area? I am trying to switch doctors, but don't know much about a…

Started by aztype1

0 Jan 31, 2011

A Lesson From Mom: Don't Be a Good Patient

I thought this was a great article, and I wanted to share it with you. http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/09/30/bad.patient.save.life/index.htm

Started by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

8 Oct 3, 2010
Reply by KimKat

Your Diabetes Team?

Over & over we hear the term "your team." There's hardly a discussion without this mantra.   To me, a team is a cohesive goup with a st…

Started by Gerri

50 Aug 23, 2010
Reply by Anthony Holko

Scuba diving, Doctor, and T1

So for my birthday this year I would really like to get my first open water certification in diving. It's just a 3 day course, but it will…

Started by Jessi <3

11 Dec 16, 2009
Reply by Jessi <3

Do not ignore your Type 2 it can ruin or change your life drastically and you wont even realize it!!!!

This is my very personal story and you should really think about your life, who you are, have you at all changed and are you just not you l…

Started by Gabriel

2 Jun 4, 2009
Reply by Lucile K.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service