All Discussions Tagged 'psychology' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Synonyms: T1 and P.T.S.D. ???

While certainly not complete by any means, the basic four descriptions below comprise and very much articulate some very, very common if no…

Started by Stuart

6 Jun 16
Reply by Diabetic Dad

Mindfulness meditation... anybody done it?

Anybody in membership have direct experience? How would the techniques directly effect coping with ones diabetes specifically??? Anyone kno…

Started by Stuart

26 Mar 4
Reply by Stuart

Diabetes Summer Camp, IYHO.....?

What is the "purpose" of diabetes summer camps? Is the "education" the sole (sic true) purpose? Or is it a beautiful byproduct? Whatever…

Started by Stuart

13 Apr 10, 2013
Reply by jeryl

dia-cide... ("suicide" by diabetes)

There are many stories here and elsewhere of those who have "given-up", quite literally people who quit being diabetics or even acknowledgi…

Started by Stuart

131 Feb 23, 2013
Reply by Stuart

Blissful diabetes..........?!

I am never blissful or joyous about diabetes.  Are you?   Like my heart, or my lungs my diabetes dragon is always doing something in the ba…

Started by Stuart

49 Sep 3, 2012
Reply by Brunetta

Diabetic Mind... explore it?!

When does our vigilance, our attempts at "control" become too much, a mental condition per se? Can we test "too much"? If we literally will…

Started by Stuart

110 Jun 20, 2012
Reply by Clare

Online Research Study for Type 1 Diabetes

I am a psychology student at the University of North Texas, and I am currently conducting a research thesis on Learned Helplessness in Type…

Started by richelle

42 Apr 29, 2012
Reply by Stuart

Type 1 & Fasting Labs... why do they bother?!?!?!

Time for the new series of "lab work" (ie fasting). Why on earth do THEY waste our time with the fasting portion of the bloodwork??? Why on…

Started by Stuart

87 May 25, 2011
Reply by latvianchick

Blackmail.... yes or no?

Yes or no is it blackmail? Do doctors blackmail us as a community??? Blackmail:  The attempt to influence the actions by unfair pressure, t…

Started by Stuart

50 Feb 1, 2011
Reply by Jake

Peer Education for Diabetes

I've recently come into contact with someone who did a diabetes management course with Kate Lorig at Stanford University. He got me interes…

Started by Megan S

1 Nov 19, 2008
Reply by Megan S

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service